Sundance Altamar 850 SN1 and SN3 fault codes

Bill Mac

My 2005 Sundance Altamar 850 display is showing fault codes SN1 and SN3 after recent heavy lightening storms in my area. The display also shows the temperature is at 106 which it is not. Other than the heater not working the tub is functioning as both pumps are working fine. Could a lightening hit take out both the high limit and temperature sensors?

A few years back I changed the sensor that is located in the filter well. That wasn't that difficult of a job. Hopefully the issue is that the sensors need to be changed out and that it's not the main circuit board.

When looking at the main board I see two small fuses. What are those fuses for?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or advice!

46 minutes ago, Bill Mac said:

Could a lightening hit take out both the high limit and temperature sensors?

Yes, but there could also be damage on the board as well if it sustained a power surge. Replace both and hope for the best. Make sure you order the correct parts. Some have box ends and some have curled fingers on the wires. Know what you have before ordering.

49 minutes ago, Bill Mac said:

What are those fuses for?

Test them. If good move forward.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, CanadianSpaTech said:

Yes, but there could also be damage on the board as well if it sustained a power surge. Replace both and hope for the best. Make sure you order the correct parts. Some have box ends and some have curled fingers on the wires. Know what you have before ordering.

Test them. If good move forward.

Thanks for your reply and advice!