2011 Hotspring Prodigy

8 hours ago, ratchett said:

Try removing the filters, does the problem persist?  Can you get a video of the cycling?

This doesn't sound common for Hotspring, I haven't heard of this one before in the forums lol.

Remove filters and jet pump started early on. Does not work now with or without filters now. Just short cycles or pulsates.

18 hours ago, Duane Dziewit said:

The LCD display appears to be faint and distorted (partly due to water being under temp).

? The water temp has nothing to do with the lcd. 

13 hours ago, Duane Dziewit said:

Is the centrifugal switch and start switch on the mother board?

No, they are pump motor parts, and not the issue it seems. 

13 hours ago, Duane Dziewit said:

It is putting out 12v.

To the pump?

Next to the lights is a plug labelled "pressure". Turn off power, jumper this (connect the two wires at the plug with a small wire or foil) and try again. If it works, leave it. If it starts having a different error let me know. If it behaves the same...

Disconnect pump 1 wiring from circuit board and see if it continues to click when you press the button.

-If so, check controller wire and connections for shorts. Remove circuit board and check the back for burns or debris. At this point we have reached the test parts stage, where you need spare parts to swap out to test if it is the board or controller.

-If not, test voltage to the pump terminals (labelled "jet 1" on the board). Post results.

Had 120v on the board when I disconnected pump and activated jet button. Reconnected terminal connections and had the same result. (Short cycling)

The mother board does not have a light plug. Do I need to jumper the pressure switch? See screen shot. The pressure switch is built/wired into the heater.

I was talking about the led indicator lights on the board. Yes, jumper the pressure switch.

If it continues to short cycle, turn off power and disconnect the pump wires at the bottom left of the circuit board labelled "jet pump 1" and try it again. See if it still short cycles the board by the flashing led lights on the board.

We are trying to determine if the issue is flow related or control related. Follow the steps listed in my previous post and let me know what happens.

Post pics (still pics, not video) of the equipment area and circuit boards.

I disconnected the pressure switch from the board and checked the resistance and the reading was .5k ohms. Checked output voltage on the board 5.2vdc. Tapped the heater end where the pressure switch is located a few times. Started the pump on the third attempt the jets started. Repeated many times and jets started. Problem resolved. 

Thanks again 

On 8/6/2023 at 3:15 PM, Duane Dziewit said:

disconnected the pressure switch from the board and checked the resistance and the readin

A switch should be 0 ohms (closed) or infinite ohms (open).

Checked output voltage on the board 5.2vdc.

What? Nothing in there is dc.

Problem resolved. 

If you say so.

This is easy - you have crippling line loss.  Check your GFI plug end.  Verify the spa is on a dedicated 20 amp circuit and the wire size is appropriate.  NO extension cords.

Pumps take the most energy to start running.  You simply don't have enough voltage (due to line loss) for the motor to start up.

Been a HotSpring tech for 16 years and I have seen this countless times.