Cleaning Filter

scubachris

I have a Sundance Cameo about 2 months old and I went to get stuff to soak/clean my filter before I do a water change and the spa store I went to said it is an OEM filter and you cannot clean it. You simply wait for the flow message to come on and then throw it away and buy a new filter. He said the new filter I buy is cleanable. Any thoughts

• 3 weeks later...

I have a co worker who has a Dimension One and she said that her filter had a band around it and when the band breaks it is time to replace at $68.

I just bought an extra filter for mine to switch back and forth for $31. I saw online I could have bought it for $18. I have soaked mine and ran it thru the diswasher for the next switch. But it is taking forever for the filter to dry. Very humid and rainy here right now. I may have to soak it again and run it thru the diswasher once more before I use it again.

How does everyone else clean their filter?

I have a co worker who has a Dimension One and she said that her filter had a band around it and when the band breaks it is time to replace at $68.

I just bought an extra filter for mine to switch back and forth for $31. I saw online I could have bought it for $18. I have soaked mine and ran it thru the diswasher for the next switch. But it is taking forever for the filter to dry. Very humid and rainy here right now. I may have to soak it again and run it thru the diswasher once more before I use it again.

How does everyone else clean their filter?

I have a Sundance Capri, and both the dealer and the literature instructs not to clean the filter but to buy a new one. Maybe they're just trying to make money, but my water has been perfect since I got the tub last August, so I'm not about to try to save a bit of money and take a chance...call me silly.