Edges of hot tub off the ground??

Hello I have an odd issue. The used hot tub was delivered and put on the deck and all of the edges are off the ground by about an inch. So the weight must be in the center. Should I put boards underneath the edges to support it and shim it? Or do I have a bigger problem? The tub is sitting on a platform deck that is on top of pavement. The deck might not be perfectly even. There is no water in it now btw.

Ouch... You will need to investigate further and find out why it is high in the middle. Is it possible something inside (insulation) shifted under the footwell during the move? Flat is the most important thing with a hot tub. Level is secondary. Did you see it full and running before you bought it? I might stand it back up on it's side and press in the area of the foot well to feel if there is something there. Possibly remove the bottom pan and look at the underside and investigate further. Spas are designed for a flat bottom to evenly distribute the weigh across it's base and should not sag. The foot well is the lowest part of the spa and carries the most weight in a spa. The weight of the water and also people standing in it. If there is something wedged under it and someone stands up in it it might crack the acrylic. Could you place shims around it...sure but it might also create it's own set of problems. Again Flat is the most important thing. Personally I'm finding out why first and make a decision on the best course of action then.  

52 minutes ago, Krevco Lifestyles said:

Use shims: Shims can be used to level the hot tub. You can purchase plastic or rubber shims from a hardware store or use wooden shims. Place the shims under the corners of the hot tub that are off the ground and adjust them until the hot tub is level.

Personally I do not recommend using shims. If you must I would use roofing shingles across the entire length of the spa and feather them out from footwell (thinnest layer) to the outer edge (thickest layer) so the base is supported side to side and front to back. 

53 minutes ago, Krevco Lifestyles said:
  • Use boards: You can also use boards to support the edges of the hot tub. Place the boards under the edges that are off the ground and adjust them until the hot tub is level. Make sure the boards are strong enough to support the weight of the hot tub.

•  

Same reply