Enegy Efficiency

Rich

Don't forget the part where Jimmy gves no credibility to Universities and Engineers, but fails to remember it's a University engineering study that he is basing his whole statement on and trying to defend.

Not quite correct, Trigger.

At this point, I think its safe to say that it is an ALLEGED University engineering study until its existence is actually proven.

Not quite correct, Trigger.

At this point, I think its safe to say that it is an ALLEGED University engineering study until its existence is actually proven.

That's true; Alleged.

Personally, I suspect there is some kind of document authored by Cheech and Chong err..Tong and Rogers. But I don't think Jimmy has ever read it, or really has a copy of it.

Who are Tong and Rogers? Professors? Students? (hell, they could be marketing students for all we know). Universities do publish in their own libraries their student’s thesis. These occasionally show up in marketing reports.

Is it an "engineering" study? Perhaps it was done by a marketing group? Or is a consumer study? Maybe thier physc department did it? Maybe the football team needed data on a something? How valid are their conclusions?

As best as anyone can recall, it was a spurious report used to fluff Coleman's marketing years ago.

Did Jim lift it from some Coleman literature/brouchure and included in his "studies"? (This is one way that plagiarists have been discovered, they copy and cite false or phony or copy righted reports).

It’s impossible to find verifiable data in most of Jimmy's rants, but several times he repeats the exact phrase from Tong and Rogers year after year, and in multiple "reports" and rants. It is always the exact same phrase that Jim copy's n pastes in all his posts. -Word for word - Never anything more. Never anything less. I don't think he has any other information other than those two phrases.

Nothing other than that quote is ever mentioned, no data, no numbers, nothing. And when you finally say "Ok Jimmy, give me the report and we'll talk" ...

He can't find it.

Oops!

:lol::rolleyes:

My research reveals that Tong and Rogers were actually two drunk Sigma Chi's who got locked out of their frat house one night. In order to stay warm, they jumped a fence into someone's backyard and spent the night in a hot tub. (Full Foam, no water feature, BTW) In the morning, they remembered that they had a report due in their Econ 101 class. Thus, the Tong and Rogers Report was created. They were both given D Pluses on the report, but flunked out of college later that semester. Rogers now works for the US Department of Energy. Tong's promising political career was nixed by an unfortunate run in with the "Boys Gone Wild" film crew in Cancun while on spring break later that year.

Here's the funny part. I ain't gonna give this to a competitor, ever. It is specifically relates to our hot tub design which is much closer in constrution to the original spas in the Tong and Roger's report.

Personally I don't care what you guys think, because nothing will effect the truth, not even your uneducated rants.

Following some full foam design from 1977 that was used because the guy did not want to use fiberglass, is really funny and foolish to me.

I give no credibility to your teachers, or I should say your teachers did not do a good job or you slept through the part about the physics of thermodynamics.

These were guys doing a research project for Doctors degree as I recall.

Your statements make you exactly even with about 3-5 hundred people who think the same about you and have absolutly the same opinion of you as you do of them. With all your lies it's kinda comical to hear you even mention the word truth!!

Your statements make you exactly even with about 3-5 hundred people who think the same about you and have absolutly the same opinion of you as you do of them. With all your lies it's kinda comical to hear you even mention the word truth!!

It is a matter of a belief system that has been shoved down people "throats" for so long that it is funny to think that people are so closed minded.

When I got into this industry, I was told that "full foam is the best", but I came from more rational world of reasonableness, so I came in with an open mind.

Then I ran a service center with about 20,000 customers in Denver, and that convinced me otherwise. Not only is full foam not a good idea, it is a bad idea, because the service issues and the freezing problems. I did not like dealing with frozen full foam spas. It was not fun to hear the complaints.

There has never been a side by side test that showed any superiority to full foam over the thermally closed design.

Anyone who states otherwise is lying.

Get a grip!

Don't support greed.

Be a good person, and find out the truth.

It is a matter of a belief system that has been shoved down people "throats" for so long that it is funny to think that people are so closed minded.

When I got into this industry, I was told that "full foam is the best", but I came from more rational world of reasonableness, so I came in with an open mind.

Then I ran a service center with about 20,000 customers in Denver, and that convinced me otherwise. Not only is full foam not a good idea, it is a bad idea, because the service issues and the freezing problems. I did not like dealing with frozen full foam spas. It was not fun to hear the complaints.

There has never been a side by side test that showed any superiority to full foam over the thermally closed design.

Get a grip!

Don't support greed.

Be a good person, and find out the truth.

Denver must be different than Northern Minnesota, we just don't have those kind of problems with FF spa's. As a matter of fact we here and hundreds of thousands of other people think differently than you. Some of us even think that both ways can work fine. But you have the right to close up and think YOUR WAY is the only way!! Just don't try and, to quote you "shove your way down peoples throats"

Now, I'm really confused. Is Jim now saying that there has never been a side by side test of full foam and themally closed design? I thought that was the point of this alleged Tong & Rogers report. Why is it so hard for him to understand that both systems (if properly executed) work just fine in a hot tub? There are hundreds of thousand satisfied customers out there that prove it.

I love that he claims he has a copy of this alleged report and that it proves everything he has been saying, but that he won't release it to anyone. That sure convinces me that he's correct. NOT.

The hate and malevolence in his posts comes through so clearly. Someone has got to be pretty dumb not to see right through him. I can only imagine what he might accomplish if he could only channel this energy into something that really mattered.