OHH , keeps coming back . over and over HELP PLEASE

mandtra

right at 5 year old Alps spa .led lighting package   2 - two speed pumps with all balboa controls and spa pack .

things i have tried :

new spa pack * complete pack* (two times)

new primary pump 2 speed pump *low speed is circulation*      ( two times)

running without filters installed  ( no change)

disconnected ozone generator

disconnected secondary control panel

second 2 speed pump is original

found the earth ground 9bare copper)  a little weak ,installed 2 new ground rods,  but that has also been repaired with no change .  OHH keeps coming back ,  sometimes several times a day and sometimes just once a day .  this happens at any set temp , it will do it when set at 96 degrees just like it will at 104 degrees.   filter cycle is set for 4hrs 2x a day ,  has 2 cartridge filters

16 hours ago, Jay G said:

See if lowering your filtering to 2 hours twice a day helps.......?

Did you replace the topside when you replaced the pack??

Also have you checked the incoming power?

Just spitballing. 

Didn't change the topsides .   but have checked the ground and incoming power. 

15 hours ago, CanadianSpaTech said:

Perhaps a one way check valve has failed and is blocking/slowing the flow of water. Remove the filter and see if there is adequate suction where the filter screws in.

with the 2 filters removed . good suction . i don't think this tub has any check valves

6 hours ago, mandtra said:

has any of you ever seen the top side control cause an issue like this ?

Don't think I have.

Board/dip switch settings look correct.

OHH is a flow related error

On 12/14/2022 at 6:46 PM, CanadianSpaTech said:

Perhaps a one way check valve has failed and is blocking/slowing the flow of water.

On 12/15/2022 at 5:59 PM, CanadianSpaTech said:

If you have replaced everything equipment related as you say then I am looking at plumbing/flow issues.

@RDspaguy thoughts?

5 hours ago, CanadianSpaTech said:

Don't think I have.

@RDspaguy thoughts?

New controls, switch, and pump? There's nothing left but a flow issue, which is where this should have started anyway. Not familiar with the plumbing in this brand, so anything is possible.

Is it on the suction or pressure side of the pump? Do you have good flow out of the jets? What are your filter cycles? Does the water overheat in the tub? Is the pump wired correctly with proper voltage? 

Post pics of equipment area.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RDspaguy said:

New controls, switch, and pump? There's nothing left but a flow issue, which is where this should have started anyway. Not familiar with the plumbing in this brand, so anything is possible.

Is it on the suction or pressure side of the pump? Do you have good flow out of the jets? What are your filter cycles? Does the water overheat in the tub? Is the pump wired correctly with proper voltage? 

Post pics of equipment area.

there is no one way or check valves in this model

16 hours ago, CanadianSpaTech said:

Don't think I have.

@RDspaguy thoughts?

there are no one way or check valves on this model . i have watched it shut off at various times and its does not  seem to be a flow issue as its flowing well at the time of the shut down .  it shuts off on low speed as well as shuts off during high speed as well and there's for sure no flow problem then on high speed  .