Viking Spa Legend 2

T-mac5826

Just got this tub and need some help. 
I feel like one side doesn’t have as much power as the other. (Jets 1) which is the right side seems to have less power. 
Also noticed that it only only has one speed on the jets, my manual says it should have two. 
Lastly I noticed when it’s heating up only the water is coming from the two headrest on the right side and nothing from the left. 
Any help here would be appreciated! 

Post photos of the topside control as well as the circuit board and the schematic on the inside cover so we can see what you have and how it is wired. Make sure all the jets are open by turning the face of each jet to the open position. Your spa might have a diverter valve along the top edge of the spa (it will be the biggest valve) and by turning the valve handle you can direct the water from one seating area to a different seating area or if placed in the middle it will send water flow to both seating areas at the same time. I tell customers to turn pump to low speed before turning the handle so you don't break the handle because of the increased water pressure when pump is in high speed. This will reduce flow a bit as it is powering more jets. Jets 1 should be a 2 speed pump. Jets 2 would likely be a single high speed only but can be 2 speed. If the pump wire connecting to the circuit board for pump 2 has 3 wires Red (or black but not both), white and green it is single speed if it has 4 wires it will be 2 speed. Pump 1 should have 4 wires. Red black green and white

59 minutes ago, CanadianSpaTech said:

Post photos of the topside control as well as the circuit board and the schematic on the inside cover so we can see what you have and how it is wired. Make sure all the jets are open by turning the face of each jet to the open position. Your spa might have a diverter valve along the top edge of the spa (it will be the biggest valve) and by turning the valve handle you can direct the water from one seating area to a different seating area or if placed in the middle it will send water flow to both seating areas at the same time. I tell customers to turn pump to low speed before turning the handle so you don't break the handle because of the increased water pressure when pump is in high speed. This will reduce flow a bit as it is powering more jets. Jets 1 should be a 2 speed pump. Jets 2 would likely be a single high speed only but can be 2 speed. If the pump wire connecting to the circuit board for pump 2 has 3 wires Red (or black but not both), white and green it is single speed if it has 4 wires it will be 2 speed. Pump 1 should have 4 wires. Red black green and white

image.jpg

There are 2 pumps they connect to the circuit board at J23 and the second one is beside J50. Disconnect each and look inside the connector and count how many pins you see J23 should have 4. the second one might only have 3 if so it is a single high only speed pump. If 4 it is 2 speed. Did you try what I posted?

2 hours ago, CanadianSpaTech said:

There are 2 pumps they connect to the circuit board at J23 and the second one is beside J50. Disconnect each and look inside the connector and count how many pins you see J23 should have 4. the second one might only have 3 if so it is a single high only speed pump. If 4 it is 2 speed. Did you try what I posted?

J50 is blank, it’s plugged next to it and has 3 pins. J23 has 4 pins image.thumb.jpg.b807dc6013f4c46fcf91fb7ab8ed2eea.jpg

I'm guessing this is used, otherwise it's your dealers problem.

Equal pressure from different, identical pumps would require identical plumbing, which they cannot have in a spa. One pump will always feel stronger than another. Depending on plumbing, one seat or even certain jets can be weaker than the rest. Jets are usually individually adjustable by turning the jet face or nozzle. Valves may be mounted on the spa edge or built into large "diverter jets" in the tub. These effect water flow as well. Air control valves, also on the edge, allow air to mix with the water, making it look and feel different. Could it be any of these? There's only so much we can do from here, and all the technical troubleshooting on earth won't help if you've got a valve turned.

As for the pump 1 being single speed, that is controlled by dipswitches on the board which we need a wiring diagram to set. This diagram does not match this board, so we'll need to find the right one online. 

However, only running in one speed does not necessarily mean it's set to single speed. You could have a faulty board, bad wiring, or bad motor. On the topside control, when you press the jet1 button, it shows a jet indicator, correct? When you press it again, does it stay on, show a double jet indicator, or turn off? Does the jet1 ever run without a jet indicator? 

Unplug pump 1 from board and carefully cut the heat-shrink covering the wires at the back so you can see them. Then determine the corresponding pins on the board for testing. Test voltage from black to white for low speed and red to white for high speed. Confirm proper wiring at the pump. Post results.

• Thanks 1

I guess that does make sense what you’re saying about the jets not having the same pressure due to exact plumping being impossible.  
As far as the jet 1 when I push it there’s no indicator it either on or off when you push it. 
I will try and get pic of tag on pump 1 tomorrow. 
I appreciate the help you’re providing!

33 minutes ago, CanadianSpaTech said:

so might be different but I guess it's worth a shot.

I'm betting it's good, right part and model # for the box, assuming the board is the same. From behavior it's set to single speed, but maybe it has a single speed pump too. Looks like there's been some work done on the unions, at least there's two different colors of glue going on, so pumps might have been replaced. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CanadianSpaTech said:

The cover schematic not matching the circuit board make me wonder about what is real and what has been "worked" on.

Yeah, I have stuck whatever I have that fits on a broken box cover before, so that doesn't worry me much, but I suspect pump1 will be a single speed, and it was dipswitched to make it work. Not ideal, but not the end of the world either. 

• Like 1