Help shopping! Seeking budget large hot tub in the Northeast

jenski

This forum has been awesome in helping me get up to speed with how to maintain a hot tub - there is SO much info, I had no idea! BUT now the used one we were going to buy from a lady a few towns over has a leak - put the breaks on that stat :) We were prepared to pay $3500 for one that is 8 years old, now rethinking if we should just bite the bullet and buy new?

But i'm an instant gratification type of person... want before Christmas if possible. I've begun to dig through a bunch of old threads, but hoping I might get some personalized recommendations here... 

We are in the hilltowns of Massachusetts, hot tub will go on a brand new trex deck that was properly supported. We have 3 kids and 3 adults in the house, and alot of neighborhood friends... so bigger the better, but primary purpose is for my partner and I after bedtime - so do want some of the bells & whistles. 

Can anyone recommend a specific brand/model that is the best bang for your buck?

And, secondarily, any recommendations for dealers in the Northeast? We have a truck and large heavy equipment trailer, so hoping that might help us save some $.

Generally speaking, Hot Spring, Caldera, Sundance, Jacuzzi, Bullfrog, Artesian, Marquis, and Dimension One are all regarded as premium brands.  That being said, you need local representation or the brand is irrelevant.   I would also probably consider Saratoga Spas since they are made in upstate New York.  Decent brand that not many people outside of the Northeast know about.

As for dealers, not sure really how close to you they are, but Apollo Pools & Spas in Lakeville is a great company (I know the owner).  Mainely Hot Tubs and New England Spas are also good dealers.

What kind of budget are you wanting to work with?

• Like 1

On 11/22/2022 at 1:25 PM, jenski said:

Can anyone recommend a specific brand/model that is the best bang for your buck?

Nordic is one of the brands I always suggest for a good bang for the buck without extra fancy bells & whistles.

But as usual, the dealer you buy from is responsible for the warranty - you're stuck with them so be sure to research the dealer you buy from.  Don't settle just because you want XYZ hot tub.