Freeflow Passport 2009 model

wxviewer64

Back in 2009 as a present to ourselves for our wedding we purchased the floor model freeflow passport hot tub and used it for 2 years and then left it in storage for 10 and now are about to start it backup again. Is has anyone had any long term storage issues with any free flow hot tubs.

Thank you

Bob

Cold storage where there is potential for freezing? Hot Tubs like to run and stay warm and supple. Anytime you take the water out of a spa the air can get to the seals around jets and pump wet end seals. Also anything metal like heater elements can rust with the exposure to oxygen. In the Spring I stock up on heater elements for all (well not all) the spas that get shut down for the Winter. IMO cheaper to keep them running but that's not your situation. Really all you can do is put power to it and see if it starts up and the pumps turn on. Only for a few seconds though. If the breaker holds the topside lights up and the pumps spin then filler up and see if it leaks. Attack problems as they arise.

So here is an update.

Hot Tub Deck done and the Spa is wired up and ON!

Filled her up without any leaks.
Everything is running unusually without issues!!!

I'm doing the tough scrub by doing a deep clean going to drain, scrub the shell, etc. etc..

Now here's where it gets interesting.  I can't find the serial number. There is a sticker on the electrical control board cover but all of the hand written info is faded beyond recognition.   
Is there ANYWHERE else that sucker could be hiding?
If anyone has a model as old as ours (2009) do you have the serial number characteristics?  # of characters, alphanumeric, etc..

I also found out that the company that now manufactures Freeflow isn't even the same company that made ours! They took over in 2012 and no longer even have a PASSPORT model!!!  😭😭😭

On another topic....Covers. Needless to say, our original one is pretty much beat. Functional(ish) but beat.  And going from S. Jersey to the Poconos, I think it may be smart to update to a heartier cover for the cold snowy nights.
Any suggestions?   Denser foam?  Thicker?  Both? I'm really clueless as to what to do.

All in all, I was pleasantly surprised to see the Passport, heating up to temperature, Jets pushing water, bubbles bubbling, waterfall flowing, and even the LED light still working.

This spa has sentimental value so I hope to keep her running as long as I can! 
Thank you all for any information provided!!    It's really appreciated!!

Bob

PS, I'll add photos when I get to a different laptop.