Hot Springs Heater - Components? Repair

n-mod

My Hot Springs heater element (Hydroquip 26-C3160-1S) stopped working. I'm working on a fix, but don't know how it works. When bench testing the element itself is working good (10ohms reading). Which leaves me to two other components, a device I found is a limit switch (RME-215A5230-2) and a PTC Heater(I think) DBK EB51 1/8 100-240VII U38V. When powered up the PTC heater gets hot enough to boil water, but the main heating element doesn't heat. Any ideas? 

IMG_0811.JPG

Ok, so after digging into it more, I found that the limit switch takes pressure from the copper line, if enough pressure builds up (from heat), the switch trips. I accidentally broke the switch trying to open it, so I have an new one on order(Mine didn't seem to have continuity anway). The thing I don't understand is what's the purpose of the PTC heater? Is it just to keep heat on the switch in case the tub overheats (so it manually has to be reset)?

After more thought these do work exactly as I was thinking. My issue was the copper line had a pinhole in it., which must have allowed water to leak into the switch housing, causing the connection to become dirty enough to kill continuity. The redundancy is strange since the main controller also monitors high temp and will shut down if overheating.