Control Button Sticking (Hot Spring Grandee - 2005 - pic attached)

ZMonet

Yesterday my daughter and a couple of friends were in the hot tub.  I'm guessing they were mashing on the jet buttons.  Regardless, the JET1 button now is stuck and doesn't have the same action as the other buttons.  You can see a bit in the attached pic that the button is pressed in more than the others.  It feels like it is stuck in the pressed position and there is no "spring" to the button.  Not a huge deal but now the jet goes on and off intermittently on its own and I've been forced to cut the power. 

Anyone know how to get this to unstick?  I tried using a thin piece of plastic to pull the button out and a little WD40 (with the power off) but those things didn't work.  Can pop the button out and pop it back in easily?   Is there a way to get the controller out so that I can see what is going on?

Thanks for any help!

IMG_20201102_081611357.jpg

• ZMonet changed the title to Control Button Sticking (Hot Spring Grandee - 2005 - pic attached)
3 hours ago, RDspaguy said:

Remove the faceplate (bezel) of the controller and see. The button is just plastic in a plastic cover. The actual electronics are behind it. 

Thanks, RDspaguy.  I removed the faceplate and then the button.  There is a mechanical spring that seems to have gotten out of form.  I tried my best to recoil it, but it is not ideal.  I did reinstall it though and at least it is not intermittently setting off the jet.  Is there a place to get replacement springs?  Also, while I'm at it, is there a way to either repair or replace the control panel plexi that goes over the readout?  As you can see from the pic, mine has gotten so that it is difficult to read through.

IMG_20201102_131754049.jpg

IMG_20201102_131802767.jpg