sundance altamar ozonator

contact634

so today I installed a ultra pure ozone generator  on my 2001 sundance altamar  pretty straight forward its plug and play with the molex conector  previous owner removed the ozone injector so i had to reinstall one 

but I have a few questions  installed it  powered tub one turned temp up  recirc pump kicked on  ozone powered up and indicated so on lcd

turned tub off closed up cabinet  turned it on turned heat up and no ozone  unit was not on  as no light from it and no lcd indicator   does it only come on for programed filter cycles?

I also notice  bubbles come out of the heater jet  when ozone is on or off  they never did before

The bubbles are there whether it's on or off, the injector draws air through the ozonator either way.

The system will turn off the ozonator for a set period, 30 minutes I think, whenever you touch a button on the topside. In the early years of ozone use it was directly injected at the jet and would gas off at the surface as ozone, which they didn't want you breathing. Modern spas don't have that issue any more, but the trend is already established so most control manufacturers include that in their systems. It's kinda like having economy mode on a spa with a 24/7 circulation pump... Pointless, but everyone does it anyway.

• Like 1