Jacuzzi J-480 - Leak source...

shanerrs

Hi all,   

I have a Jacuzzi J-480 2012 that I purchased used.   Was told - no issues.... well.  

I fixed the first leak, but am still getting water loss - about 1/2 inch a day -    full foam so hard to find the leak.    I did try the fix a leak to no success (have used this in the past on smaller leaks with other tubs, but not for this one)

Suggestions need to locate the leak...   Anybody have success with Dye and what and how much should I use?        Food Colouring?  

Next I think I may have to tip tub on side and pull off bottom panel, but thought some dye before that may help. 

Thanks 

Shane 

No dye. That's not how you use it anyway.

Remove side panels. Check equipment area thoroughly as most leaks are there.

Get a handful of small diameter dowel rods and start poking them into the foam low on the sides. Let them sit for a minute, remove and check for wet wood (it's easy to see). Use this method to locate the wet foam then go up to find the exact location of the leak. Push gently and wiggle dowel to get past pipes you may bump in to, do not force it or you risk damage.

• 1 month later...

I have tipped the spa on its side and removed the bottom tub and excavated the foam to find the leak?    Could not find anything -  No water soaked foam close to any pipes etc

I have since put the tub back down and on cinder block...  filled with water.   Not leaking now.  Not sure what has resolved the issue, but its not leaking - 4 days.. gone down maybe 1/4 inch and I have a bad cover so thats expected. 

I am going to insulate with Rockwool and hope for the best now....

unless someone has any suggestions