Hot Springs Vanguard Vs. Marquis 530

Deanna

I am buying my first hot tub and am torn between these 2 brands. Both have reputable service. Hot Springs is more $ but has plenty of accessories like the radio/cdplayer installed on the outside of the hot tub in a secret door, lots of knobs to adjust jets, etc. The Marquis 530 has 2 reclining seats, which I need to wet test because people say they are not good - you float too much, but only has a sound system that hooks by wire to your inside stereo..... Should I pay the extra # for the frills? Marquis w/ soundsation (to home stereo) about $8500 vs Hot Springs Vanguard with internal sound system (no reclining seats) about $11000. Help!!!

The Marquis 530 has 2 reclining seats, which I need to wet test because people say they are not good - you float too much,

Wet testing is always a wise move but espeically so if it is a lounge spa. However, I wouldn't go so far as to say EVERYONE has a floating issue with them but yes, I would not buy a lounge spa without first testing it (though I think testing any spa, lounge or not, is wise). Now if you are saying it's a double lounge spa you are taking up a lot of space with those lounges so DEFINITELY you'd want to wet test first.

Stallion,

Is the 530 a new Marquis spa or new layout for that spa? For some reason I didn't think you guys made a double lounger.

It been around a long time and have to assume it is a 530 ultimate. It is a nice 2 pump spa with great lower back therapy, hey don't you think the prices seem high. I usually stay away from pricing but in this case both of these seem to be higher than the high side of things unless they are in Canada.

For 2,500 I can buy a really nice sound system and have it installed.

Hot Springs is charging $2000 for their sound system installed. I'm just leary of future problems with it, but I am also leary of having a cord running in the house to our home stereo (don't want it to show or jam in sliding doors). Therefore if I want a built in sound system I will be forced to go with Hot Springs Vanguard(more $). I still have to wet test both the Marquis 530 and Hot Spring Vanguard. Thanks for any input!

Still, for 2,000 I would buy a some new patio furniture and a boom box with remote. But, if your willing to pay for it, go for it!

I'm with you but then again I also have no need for a waterfall, a lounge, stainless jet covers, a stereo, autosanitizers, aromatherapy, etc. Some customers want the basics and others want the total package. To each his own. The main thing is to get a quality spa from a reputable dealer.

Hot Springs is charging $2000 for their sound system installed. I'm just leary of future problems with it, but I am also leary of having a cord running in the house to our home stereo (don't want it to show or jam in sliding doors). Therefore if I want a built in sound system I will be forced to go with Hot Springs Vanguard(more $). I still have to wet test both the Marquis 530 and Hot Spring Vanguard. Thanks for any input!

If you have to do wiring for your spa have the electrician add an outlet at the shut off for the spa. If he's running wire it is very simple for him to pull 3 more wires. Make sure it is a GFCI protected outlet.

Go with the Vanguard. It is a high quality tub. I don't know where you are located but $11,000 for a Vanguard is extremely high.

I bought a 2006 vanguard without stereo for $8300, this included all taxes, delivery, ect. There is no way I would pay an extra $2k for a stereo in the tub. Sure it might be cool but it's not worth $2k. I am going to do what other suggested on this thread and buy a portable stereo system with ipod plug in so I can listen to music while in the hottub.

Honestly if you are going to spend $11k, why not just get the Grandee without a stereo. You would then have a huge top of the line tub. Think about how often you are going to listen to music in your hottub. Probably only when you have a party at your house. Is that worth $2k for you? To me it is an easy decision, spend $$$ on a quality tub and not on having seldom used extras built into a tub. I'd much rather spend that $2k on a new lcd TV that I would use everyday.

Go with the Vanguard. It is a high quality tub. I don't know where you are located but $11,000 for a Vanguard is extremely high.

I bought a 2006 vanguard without stereo for $8300, this included all taxes, delivery, ect. There is no way I would pay an extra $2k for a stereo in the tub. Sure it might be cool but it's not worth $2k. I am going to do what other suggested on this thread and buy a portable stereo system with ipod plug in so I can listen to music while in the hottub.

Honestly if you are going to spend $11k, why not just get the Grandee without a stereo. You would then have a huge top of the line tub. Think about how often you are going to listen to music in your hottub. Probably only when you have a party at your house. Is that worth $2k for you? To me it is an easy decision, spend $$$ on a quality tub and not on having seldom used extras built into a tub. I'd much rather spend that $2k on a new lcd TV that I would use everyday.

A vanguard without stereo should be around 8k to 8200k. IMO just wire up the outside of your house under eaves typically with outdoor type speakers cost you 100.00 for nice speakers and maybe 100.00 to have the electrician run you the wiring from your stereo. Safe easy and sounds good and no worries with the system. IMO chooose Hot Springs excellent warranty and service and top rated spa by consumer digest. I have owned a Hot Springs for 18 years w/minimal problems.

A vanguard without stereo should be around 8k to 8200k. IMO just wire up the outside of your house under eaves typically with outdoor type speakers cost you 100.00 for nice speakers and maybe 100.00 to have the electrician run you the wiring from your stereo. Safe easy and sounds good and no worries with the system. IMO chooose Hot Springs excellent warranty and service and top rated spa by consumer digest. I have owned a Hot Springs for 18 years w/minimal problems.

Welcome to the board, nice advice and it is true Hot Springs does have excellent warranty that might be only second to the Marquis, which is also a consumer digest Best Buy. Both are nice spas.