Help with Coast Spa from 2004?

Help! I have a Coast Spa from 2004. Pump 1 does not run and when I changed the blown fuse it just blew again. The local spa guy tells me that the pump is shot. I was hoping to purchase this pump and install it on my own but I can't find it anywhere. (Executive 56 with 2 wet ends).  Unfortunately i don't have the model number, only a serial number (PF070813 1507). The spa guy wants $900 to change the pump and install it. Not sure I want to throw 900.00 at a 16 year old spa. Thoughts?

On another note, when I turn on the pump, I hear the relay but the circulator/filter pump won't run and the hot tub does not heat. Any information would be greatly appreciated. 

Pump.jpg

• Like 1

I do not see 2 wet ends. I see vent hoses to a specialty motor cover, and one is unhooked. Is there another pump in there you didn't picture?

Just get a standard executive 56 or comparable pump and forget the vent hose, you don't need it. Or better yet, bring that one to a motor shop and get it rebuilt. Probably won't be much more than $100.

13 hours ago, RDspaguy said:

Just get a standard executive 56 or comparable pump

@RDspaguy....Likely a 2 1/2" by 2" wet end... The foot pad of the pump will be different. You will likely only be able to get the front 2 openings bolted into place and the back 2 you will have to make something up out of wood to support the back 2 openings

• Like 1

Remove the pump and then remove the vent cover on the back and then see if the shaft in your case the fan will spin freely. If it does not spin then it is likely the front bearing has seized and can be rebuilt for cheaper than replacement. If it spins freely then you is likely something else electrical and would replace the pump.

• Thanks 1

OK. Here is the latest. I decided to replace the pump (16 years old). After some research, this is the pump that I found that appears to be compatible, although I'm not sure. Anyone have some insight on this? I would greatly appreciate it.  Apparently the intake and discharge are the correct size but I''m not sure if I am missing something here. This is the new pump link. Greatly appreciate the help.

Dave

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007VEYE32/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1