Vita spa flo error

Hello everyone,

I’m hoping someone can help me out because I’m running out of options.

we have a 2006 vita spa Fontaine series 100. I recently discovered a leak at one of the heater couplings. I have replaced that coupling but I’m having trouble clearing the flo error that I believe was caused by the leak.

I have tried bleeding the lines that go to the heater and both pumps. I have also tried using a plunger where the filter screws in. Nothing seems to be clearing the error and I can’t get the pumps to turn on. When I push the jets button I do hear a click from somewhere but no pumps turn on.

if someone could help me in getting rid of this error and getting the pumps on I would greatly appreciate it.

thanks in advance!

When was the last time you cleaned your filters?

Remove filters until issue is fixed. Remove them from the equation dirty filters are flow killers.

Test Fuses.

If the pump that runs for heating and filtering is not working then you will have the flow error. Does it have a circulation pump for heating or does it run pump 1?

@CanadianSpaTech I am also thinking fuses, but I want a look at the board. Have you worked on many Vita spas? For a while, I am not sure when they started or if they stopped, Vita used proprietary controls that have a control cable and a comm cable and logic circuits in the topside as well as the main board. So the topside is a second circuit board, not just a display and buttons. Huge PITA to troubleshoot, I carried around spare everything for testing as you can't figure out what it is doing what without plugging in parts. Completely unlike any other system I have ever seen. I worked for a dealer in Boulder for a couple of years. Hated those tubs, even more than Gecko, and you know how I feel about Gecko. Thankfully they didn't sell very many so I only had to work on a couple dozen in my time there. 

@RDspaguy...I have one in my backyard right now I am working on for a flip. Spa sat for over a year winterized with RV anti freeze. Cleaned it out and filled it a few days ago and found pump 2 seized and an error "disc" but didn't have time to go any further so I just left it. Opened up the cover yesterday and almost puked the whole top of the water was covered with moldy white stuff that looked like placenta...lol So now I have a mess on my hands to deal with today. Not going to be fun. As for the circuit board yes it is way different from the norm. Not a bad little spa though as far as layout with a double lounge. I got the spa because I was storing it and the storage fees were more than the spa so they walked away. Fine by me. I'll rebuild the pump, get paid and then some.

They have plug in circuit board/cards...Balboa tried something similar in theroy with the LM800 pack where you had colour coated cards/cartridges that you could plug in the the face of the pack...1 for control system 1 for audio and 1 for ?? but they were a disaster and were only out for a year or 2. 

No, sorry bud. I have not seen a Vita in a very long time.

I have seen those balboa fiascoes but the ones I saw in the Vita were not like that. They had 2 cables off the topside, one for buttons and display, and one for "comm". I imagine they didn't use those for long as they were very problematic and when I called to ask for info they said they would send us parts for testing no charge, just plug them in and figure it out that way.??? The place I worked (subcontracted) was a Vita dealer at the time, but they dropped Vita shortly thereafter, so I only saw a handful of them with control issues, thankfully.