Jacuzzi J480 leaking g

A1Andy

Hi all,

New to the forum and found you when searching for advice. I found an old article with a similar theme, and am hoping the experts here can assist.

I have a jacuzzi j480 believe it is 2011 or early 2012. It is one of the last before the model update. The one without bluetooth capability. I purchased end 2012 as an ex display model from Jacuzzi UK. They did a full install, service and replaced many parts to ensure it was in great condition.

Recently performed a water and filter change, afterwards I noticed a leak appear at the bottom left of the base. Quick investigation identified the waterfall divertor causing a leaking inside. Genuine part replacement and this fixed the leak.

But the water at the base persisted. I dried out the base to see if it was just residual but it has continued and the water level definitely drops.

I have removed all side panels, the only obvious item is that the insulation below the right waterfall is slightly soggy, not much.

Under warranty it had both waterfalls replaced and the base light jet, as well as many cosmetic not water related items.

Is it a simple case of work at removing the insulation at the waterfall to find if there really is a leak, or should I instruct an expert. I'm pretty competent at electrical and plumbing work, as well as building.

Tub has been regularly maintained, genuine parts and filters always used. It was moved 3 years ago by a professional, and no leaks after the move until now.

Appreciate any advice and tips.  Based in UK.

Many many thanks. 

Andy

Significant progress made.

I have carefully removed the foam, which was soaking wet below the right waterfall, as you look at the tub.

No obvious leak to the pipes or chair jet connectors. Turn on the main jets, and all good.

Turned on the waterfall divertor and bingo, a stream of water coming from the top. I am guessing it is pipe joint at the waterfall.

Turn off the waterfall and the stream continues for a while and slows to a drip, assuming pressure I  the pipe..

I have checked the other side and all dry below the left waterfall.

Expert advice needed please. Is this a simple job to fix the connection and what is the process please.

And once fixed, is it a case of test, clean any loose debris and use can foam to replace what was removed?

Many thanks again.

Andy

Thanks RDspaguy.  Will do shortly.

I've just found what I think is the issue.  I felt the pipes connected to the waterfall. Facing the back, the left one I can feel the plastic tube the pipe secures onto. Seems that the pipe is not all the way to the top.

May just be a case of squeeze the clip and fit the pipe correctly.

I will take the photos and post to get the expert view, and hopefully sort first time right.

They are £42 each here in the UK.

Struggling to get the clip off. Its awkward to reach but even with getting a good squeeze on it with long nose pliers or medium size mole grips, I cant move it. Its definitely opening, just not enough to move it.

Is there a clever trick to this?

Thanks for the advice.

I'd still need to get the clip off to be able to remove the waterfall unless I snap of the plastic connector.

For £42, approx 32 bucks, am tempted to buy a new one and fit it properly. At least I know it will be done properly and as RDspaguy says, a pipe with clip shouldn't leak.

RDspaguy, you were right.

Clean, refit and clip back on and the leak still exists. I can see better now and the leak is come from above the plastic nut, so suspect a failure somewhere in the waterfall housing.

Will order a new one tomorrow.

Is it worth changing the other at the same time or just leave that one alone?

Thanks again. Andy