Hot Spring 2003 Prodigy Temp set to 80, stays at 94

adminsec

Good Day,

After draining/filling tub earlier this year, set temp to lowest temperature, which is 80 degrees.  After a few days, tested temperature with thermometer and temp was 94.  Ready light not "on".  Purchased replacement control and high limit thermistors,  Pressed up arrow on temperature to 94 and the ready light came on ... thermometer temperature is 94 as well.  Dropped temperature to 80, ready light went off at 93.  Waited a couple of says and temp 92.5, ready light still off.  My assumption of ready on, is that the unit is at or below the current water temp,  When off the heater is on.

Any ideas suggestions on what the issue might be?

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Location/temperatures?  I'm in Arizona, don't heat my '88 CalSpa in summer, but without outside temperature and cover on, the water temperature in summer always is over 100F.  When the kids were little and we used it as our "pool" in summer, had to leave the cover off twice a week to let the water cool.

The READY light is on when the water is +/- 2 degrees of the set temperature. Your spa is very well insulated and will take a long time to cool in the summer months. You could have a qualified technician come out and verify that your heater is not coming on when the water is above the set temperature. Always check the water temperature and chemical balance before using the spa.

On 8/28/2019 at 10:12 AM, Cusser said:

Location/temperatures?  I'm in Arizona, don't heat my '88 CalSpa in summer, but without outside temperature and cover on, the water temperature in summer always is over 100F.  When the kids were little and we used it as our "pool" in summer, had to leave the cover off twice a week to let the water cool.

Well I am in Upstate NY ... for most of the week it has been in the low 70's, I figured it would have dropped to be closer to what I sent the thermostat too.  I will open the cover for a few days and see what happens.  Thank you for your reply.

1 hour ago, Hot Spring Official said:

The READY light is on when the water is +/- 2 degrees of the set temperature. Your spa is very well insulated and will take a long time to cool in the summer months. You could have a qualified technician come out and verify that your heater is not coming on when the water is above the set temperature. Always check the water temperature and chemical balance before using the spa.

Thank you ... I will see what happens, the air temp has been only in the only low 70's for the past couple of days, and no sun.  When the ready light is "off" does that mean the heater is on?  Is there a way to tell that the heater is on?  I was thinking that if the Ready light is off, that it is heating.  

Thank you for the reply!

• 4 weeks later...