Bullfrog Warranty - Upgrade Fee?

Hi All,

We have a Bullfrog A8L that is not even three years old yet. We recently noticed an issue that has been diagnosed by our dealer as "crazing", basically the three layer of acrylic in the spa shell have began to separate. This has been consider a material defect and Bullfrog has agreed to warranty the tub, however not for fee. They are wanting to assess a $1,800 upgrade fee to cover the cost of the additional technology they have added since the hot tub was new (brushed stainless jets, new valve and gasket mechanisms, extra lights..etc) That is all great stuff, but the fact of the matter is I am not asking for a new tub for the fun of it, the deemed mine defective. 

After spending a LARGE amount of money on the best Bullfrog offers, we are having a hard time ponying up more money to get upgraded technology when in reality we were happy with our tub. We are well within our warranty and they have agreed to replace it. Just wanting to see if this is standard practice?

Ridiculous - they have a defect, and want to make money from it !!!

Reminds me of the time my mom had a recall on her used Cadillac, during which the dealer told her she had a coolant leak and the dashboard would need to be removed to fix it, her $$$.  I asked her how big was the leak on the garage floor, and how often she had added coolant - NEVER.  She took it to a mechanic I've used, and he tightened a hose clamp to fix it - AT NO CHARGE !!!