How to repair cracks in spa acrylic shell

Cusser

First off: I've got a 1988 CalSpa Hawaiian model spa, had it professionally installed on my patio when new, and it's never been moved. 

Over the years it has developed a few cracks, and these things do not heal.  I've had some unknown source of leakage maybe the past 5 years, even took off the redwood and tore away some insulation to look for such source of leakage on the two sides that are accessible (no leakage found in door/equipment pack area).  The 4th side butts up to the house, no access there at all.

Question is: how to repair these cracks in spa acrylic shell? Once I tried 2-part epoxy but that did not hold, so I'm asking for what people here have used that is successful, not some unkonwn Google search.  I've always used bromine tablets in my spa.  Thanks.

I've been able to keep such leakage/seepage in check over the years by pouring in some commercial spa leak sealer while the filter is out of the circuit.

I've used M1 pool cement.  It's not particularly pretty, but it's made for repairing cracks underwater.  If you're not familiar, it's a waterproof construction adhesive with the consistency of caulk.  If the cracks you're dealing with are large, it's sometimes good to drill a tiny hole at each end of the crack, which will help prevent the crack from opening up further.

M1 is white - I've never tried adding tint to color it.  Probably not a good idea either.  You can push it into the crack and wipe the surface smooth, but I'd also get under the tub if possible and really slop it on there with some vinyl patches if possible.

I've had customers use fiberglass resin, similar to the material you'd use to do body work on an auto.  It needs to be warm out to use that, and you have to mix it.  Sorry, no experience that I can share, other that several customers swear by it.

Dave