Help with HotSpring Classic Model F

Adam F

Older early 90's unit.  Just bought it.  Previous owner said everything worked fine last year. I plug it in, and the tub light functions, thats it.  Press the button for the jets and the light dims, buzzes, and about 10 seconds later, trips the breaker.  The "power" indicator light on the panel never came on.  

Where do I start troubleshooting?

Is there a repair manual for these available somewhere?  

I found the operators manual online but no repair manuals.

Thanks!

-Adam

hot tub 3.jpg

hot tub.jpg

hot tub 2.jpg

This is general info to start. OPen pump compartment, drain out that green water, look in the left side for the label with serial number. Go to BackyardPlus and search around. They have good tech help and parts. Stay with this Forum, great help here too. Ask for the Hot SpringTech Support crew. Go to YouTube and look for segments on dealing with a stuck pump motor. You may be able to free it or may need to replace it. Other things to check are heater, circulation pump, filters (replace). When running plan to get AhhSome and fill and treat the tub then drain and refill.  My 2 Classic F's are still running well. The simplicity of design is a plus. They are well made, as being over 25 years old shows. I had to replace circulation pumps, heaters, thermostats, relays, jet pump on one, alot of fiddling, but relatively simple once you get used to the cramped quarters and how things go in first and sequentially. Be careful with the sensor tubing, it is fragile and costly if you pinch one. Have fun.

• 6 years later...

I have been looking for a jet pump for my 1996 Classic Hot Springs hot tub and the closet one I found is missing a flange. Does anyone possibly know where I can find one?

Backyard plus has been helpful but they don’t have the flange I need to connect this pump to the tubs pvc plumbing on the left side of the mechanical compartment. 
Any help? 
Thanks! 
IMG_1666.thumb.jpeg.032a0155e6ad34f77ac522783df4c62b.jpegIMG_1663.thumb.jpeg.59b86e15a49a975fe500a7c78b5e52a2.jpegIMG_1664.thumb.jpeg.68cf16b1ee788ebb9d175fb8aa86a10d.jpegIMG_2487.thumb.jpeg.c6de9a2b47b3b84a83cce135f1c34442.jpeg