Brand new hot tub delivered with some water in it

Delph

Hello,

We just received our brand new Caldera Salina spa yesterday and noticed that there were little puddles of water on the seats, and the cover was wet inside...Do they rinse it before they deliver it and that's a left over? Is it normal? I will call the dealer but want to know first if it is common

Thanks!

Congratulations on your new tub!

The factory usually wet tests to check for leaks but I don't think the water left from that would be what you're describing. The factory certainly wouldn't have had a cover on it.

I think yours might have been a floor model in a showroom.

Even with a straight-from-the-factory tub I would recommend filling it with water and running an Ahh-Some For Spas treatment through it and then refill. Best to start off knowing everything (including the plumbing) is clean.

I've been in two spa factories and at both different companies they wet test it, check for leaks & motor/electronic operation, than drain and blow/vacuum out the plumbing. 

It's conceivable that some water could remain behind, but I'd contact your dealer, both by phone and email (or mail) so you have it documented in case the tub turns out to have problems down the line.  Especially if it's a floor model.

Just so you don't think I'm accusing anyone of everything, it could have been transported through rain/snow and just gotten wet on the way to your house.  Did you notice if it was shrink wrapped?

Please listen to a prior post Brian VT just made.  Every single hot tub from every single factory has moisture and some water in the plumbing that can cause colonization of biofilm.  These spas get shrink wrapped and carted for shipment.  They may not be delivered to the end user for months.  Imagine the growth that can occur in a dark, warm and wet environment after a few months.  Many things can be lurking inside plumbing that you can't see.

Every single hot tub that gets delivered to a new customers home should have the plumbing purged of contaminants.  If you do this your maintenance issues going forward will be quite simple.  Obviously, some dealers do not want this information out in the open.  Some don't want to take the time to do this.  They are busy getting ready for the next delivery.  Smart dealers do the purge. Make sure your dealer is a smart one.  Biofilm is serious stuff in hot tubs and jetted bathtubs.  It is time that the manufacturer and dealer explain this to consumers.  Sales will not go down.  They will actually increase as the consumer will gain trust and find that maintaining the hot tub is quite easy to do.