Heater turns off when jets or blower runs

lambsarse

it sounds liked you have a model that is configured to run either jets/blower or heater. If you feel heated water coming into the spa without jets running see if the warm flow stops when jets are turned on, then warm flow again when jets are turned off. However, if your model is supposed to be able to run both jets and heater simultaneously you may have a relay issue. Check the power specifications for your unit. In the US a 110/120 volt unit will cycle either heater or jets, but a 220/240 volt unit will run both simultaneously. I believe this was common on models built 30-35 years ago.

Looking at the manual you provided the unit is set up for a set 230 volts, so both heater and jets are probably supposed to run simultaneously. There are numerous tests described to troubleshoot various problems. In one section on the heater function and water temperatures it mentions operating the blower to cool the temp. You may simply be unintentionally cooling the water by running the blower so long. Contact Balboa directly for advice from a technician.

Looking at the manual you provided the unit is set up for a set 230 volts, so both heater and jets are probably supposed to run simultaneously. There are numerous tests described to troubleshoot various problems. In one section on the heater function and water temperatures it mentions operating the blower to cool the temp. You may simply be unintentionally cooling the water by running the blower so long. Contact Balboa directly for advice from a technician.

I tried to contact Balboa, but they told me to speak to the spa manufacture (Spaform), who I don't think are still trading. :(

on page 26, under dip switch settings, I can see that s10 is to set 30/50Amp, is this what I need to change?? maybe if it's currently set to 30Amp it will not have both on together?

First, you're in the UK? Spaform is long out of business.

What you're experiencing is normal. Most homes in the UK, and even most of Europe, have rather small electrical services (in the US most homes have 100amp - 200amp main service panels...many European homes have a 40amp service).

IF, you change it from 30 to 50 amps, it may then operate the heater and high speed pump at the same time (I'm not familiar enough with this particular unit to say for sure), HOWEVER, make sure your home has enough power for this, AND ALSO have your electrical wiring feeding the spa inspected to be sure it's LARGE enough to handle that much current (it's probably not and will need to be upgraded).

LASTLY, be careful taking advice from here. The UK has VERY different electrical requirements than the USA and someone NOT familiar with that could easily give the wrong advise by mistake.

• 4 years later...

Hi. I have a GL2000 pcb on my spaform tub and as the previous person reported my heater turns off when my jets or blower are turned on. 
Im sure it never did this before. 
Do you think it could be a relay down on the board? 
Has anybody else had this? 

Rich 

4 hours ago, Barkey said:

Hi. I have a GL2000 pcb on my spaform tub and as the previous person reported my heater turns off when my jets or blower are turned on. 
Im sure it never did this before. 
Do you think it could be a relay down on the board? 
Has anybody else had this? 

Rich 

Did you read the thread or just reply to the topic? If the answer isn't in here, start your own thread with details of your spa including a pic of the circuit board and wiring diagram on the box cover.

• Like 1