Comparing Hot Spring To Marquis

RunPDX

Hi,

I've been comparing the Hot Spring Limelight Series (Pulse) to the Marquis E Series (E-750). I haven'tseen much direct comparison, other than something suggesting that the E series is more comparable to the Hot Spot series, than the Limelight. I've noticed that the E series warranty seems to be a bunch shorter than the Limelight, which is of some concern to me.

I know these are both quality manufactuters, but don't know if these two lines are a direct comparison. I've also been looking at the Arctic Tundra, though not quite as seriously at this point.

No dealers have any if these models wet, though Marquis has offered to fill one up for me. If Itook the Marquis E series, I would go with the full foam uograde, and the 2 lb foam cover upgrade.

Interested in any thoughts and feedback. For what it's worth, I'm in Oregon .

Both good brands, I'm partial to the 750. It's a very comfortable spa with lots of room to move around. The jets in the 750 will be more powerful than the HotSpring. Marquis is made in Oregon, the Limelights are made in Mexico. The warranty is 2 years less on the equipment on the E Series vs Limelight, but there are no trip charges during the warranty period with Marquis factory stores (if that's where you're shopping in Oregon), whereas the HotSpring dealer in Salem/Portland/Bend area typically charges a trip fee to come out (even if the spa is under warranty). Pumps, heater, and most of the other components in the 750 are the same as the Marquis Signature Series (which would come with a 5 year equipment warranty). They're very reliable spas, I wouldn't get caught up on the warranty too much. Also, the Marquis doesn't use a lot of proprietary parts, which makes any repairs outside of warranty a lot less than the HotSpring.

• 3 weeks later...

FWIW, I have a Marquis Everyday 660 (old name for E series) that just turned 6 yrs old.  Never used warranty.  So far, I have replaced one jet that popped out (about $20) which the dealer had in stock and I replaced myself in about 1 minute.  The spa doesn't get a lot of use which may or may not add to its longevity.  I did opt for the full foam and ozonator.  I would probably skip the ozonator if I were to do it again.  IDK about the new models, but mine doesn't have a 24hr circulation.  It only runs about 2-4hrs/day.  My understanding is that ozonators are more effective on spas with 24hr circulation pumps. I'm still using the original cover (under a gazebo with partial roof over it).

Hot Springs chooses to budget their money on the warranty end and Marquis chooses to put higher end components (same pumps, control box, heater as their Signature Series) and then save them and you money up front with a shorter warranty.  If you get a stripped down E-Series, it is still a higher end product than the Hot Spot's but when you load it up, then it is basically equipped like the high end spas but without the same warranty or price tag.

Have you wet tested either and what kind of prices are you getting?