Is This Hot Tub Deal Too Good To Be True?

Hello spa owners,
My husband and I have an opportunity to purchase a brand new strong spa at a greatly reduced price. It is a long story but I'll try to keep it short...
A good friend bought this tub from a trucking company out of their discount salvage business. In transport the box got damaged and a very small piece of plastic underneath (nothing to compromise the integral structure) got cracked. You can't even see the crack unless you get down on your hands and knees and look under the unit. The buyer refused to take it and the shipping company was stuck with it. This spa really is in mint condition and never been used.
There is no manual with it and I am assuming no warranty because the friend did not buy directly from a dealer.
We know it is a strong spa and believe it is a Madrid 60 5-6 seater with lounge.
So based on what I can see it is approximately a $10,000 spa and we are able to buy it for $3,000. We think this is probably a really great deal but...
Reviews on Strong Spas seem hard to find, we live on the East Coast of Canada where winters can be very cold and snowy amd we would be using it at the cottage (we use the cottage all year round) but mostly only on weekends through the winter and more often in summer and fall. This would be our very first spa.
Does anyone have any opinions, advice, watch outs on this deal? Does it sound too good to be true or is it possibly the deal of the century? Thanks in advance for any input/opinions.

No warranty? I have an Arctic Spa, paid +$10,000 for it and had it for 3 years. They have a 5 year warranty. I have had them out to fix at least one item per year. each a part that cost upward of $1000. That being said, if you are getting it for $3000 and you pay another $2K - $3K in warranty repairs (that's on the high end) over the next few years you're still getting a $10,000 hot tub for $6k. I'd say, how could you go wrong?

Hello spa owners,

My husband and I have an opportunity to purchase a brand new strong spa at a greatly reduced price. It is a long story but I'll try to keep it short...

A good friend bought this tub from a trucking company out of their discount salvage business. In transport the box got damaged and a very small piece of plastic underneath (nothing to compromise the integral structure) got cracked. You can't even see the crack unless you get down on your hands and knees and look under the unit. The buyer refused to take it and the shipping company was stuck with it. This spa really is in mint condition and never been used.

There is no manual with it and I am assuming no warranty because the friend did not buy directly from a dealer.

We know it is a strong spa and believe it is a Madrid 60 5-6 seater with lounge.

So based on what I can see it is approximately a $10,000 spa and we are able to buy it for $3,000. We think this is probably a really great deal but...

Reviews on Strong Spas seem hard to find, we live on the East Coast of Canada where winters can be very cold and snowy amd we would be using it at the cottage (we use the cottage all year round) but mostly only on weekends through the winter and more often in summer and fall. This would be our very first spa.

Does anyone have any opinions, advice, watch outs on this deal? Does it sound too good to be true or is it possibly the deal of the century? Thanks in advance for any input/opinions.

I've had a Strong Spa (from Costco) since 2008 and am very happy with it. Had a couple of pumps go out but they were fixed promptly by Strong's agent (under warranty) with one phone call. I'd go for it.

One pump leaked and one kind of disintegrated the impeller. Both, I might add, were brand names in the general market place... not Strong branded.

Warranty only applies to the original purchaser...and this being a SALVAGE purchase, no warranty either.

It's also NOT a $10k spa. You may have seen this "made up, completely fictional MSRP" somewhere, but I highly doubt it ever sold for more than $5k...if that.