Hot Spring Envoy Pumps Start Randomly

Gary 007

Hot Spring Envoy pumps start and stop randomly. I have replaced the control head and the problem still happens. It has an IQ 2020 and is a two pump system. This started happening about two months ago. I thought the problem was just on pump two so I disconnected it but pump one do it as well.

I have a Hot Springs Sovereign also with IQ2020, Wavemaster jet pump, and small circulator pump.

The small pump runs continuously and the jet pump only when I press the Clean or Jets button.

I don't know if this is how it's supposed work to or not. Just telling you what mine does, fwiw.

Yes that how mine worked two months ago. Now I hear just start the jet pumps all by itself with no one near. It starts in the middle or the night and sometimes runs all night until you shut them off. You can be sitting in it and it turn on or off by it self. Like I said I have replaced the control head and outer buttons as well and have also disconnected the auxiliary control panel as well to no luck yet of correcting the problems. Has anybody else experienced this?

We have heard of this happening to a few pre-2009 models with the outward facing control panel that is connected to a control head. The material these components are made from would sometimes expand and contract slightly with changes in the ambient temperature (day temps to evening temps). This expansion and contraction can physically actuate the jet button causing it to turn on at seemingly random times when the parts are connected too tightly. Slightly loosening the four screws that hold these two parts together should give enough clearance to stop it from continuing if this is in fact what is going on there.

Slightly loosening the four screws that hold these two parts together should give enough clearance to stop it from continuing if this is in fact what is going on there.

Nice! Hopefully that works out and makes his week!

I will try the spa lock feature and see if that helps. I didn't even think about that. I will let you know the outcome. If you think of anything else please let me know. I don't mind the jets changing states while I am in it I just don't want it running full power 24/7. Thanks again for the advice.