95 Sovereign Jet Pump Problem

jackh

I have a 95 sovereign 110 spa. Recently the jet pump stopped working. I had it rebuilt. Now that it is reinstalled I am not getting power to it? I have checked at there is no power at the plug on the control panel. Everything else works. The fuses inside looked good. What am I missing? Thanks

I have a 95 sovereign 110 spa. Recently the jet pump stopped working. I had it rebuilt. Now that it is reinstalled I am not getting power to it? I have checked at there is no power at the plug on the control panel. Everything else works. The fuses inside looked good. What am I missing? Thanks

Are you sure you get the proper Jet pump according to your spa model?

Mostly it happened when the wrong model pump install.

Are you certain it stopped working because the pump was broken, or was the original problem a lack of voltage?

"The fuses inside looked good."

Good, because a 95 Sovereign has no fuses... so it would really be something if they were blown. Does everything else work? The light and the circ pump? Is the power light on steady, or flashing?

Now I am second guessing myself? I thought that I had check The voltage? I did take the control box out And open it up. There were two fuses inside.

Yes everything else is working. The power light is on. Before I removed the motor there was a red light that would come on and stay on(not flash) that does not come on now?

Hi. If the red spa power light is on, then the two small fuses on the PWA timer circuit board are most likely fine but can only be verified by first removing them and testing them for conductivity. Unless you have a multi meter and are comfortable testing a "hot" circuit, we would recommend contacting your local Hot Spring Spa dealer for service. If you do have a meter, then testing the input side of jet pump relay when power has been supplied to the spa is the next step. There should be 12-18 volts DC between the input terminals when the jet pump button has been pushed to engage the pump circuit. If there is power on the input side but nothing on the output side to the pump receptacle, then it is a bad relay. If there is no power to the jet pump relay, then the problem is with the PWA timer board or less likely, the jet switch itself. Hope this info helps but if uncertain or concerned about performing these tests safely, we recommend utilizing your dealer's technical services. Regards, Keith, Customer Service