Powerful Jets?: Jacuzzi Vs Bullfrog Vs Catalina

Posted recently about spas with best jet power. After wet-testing, we've narrowed it down to top three: Jacuzzi J-345 (2 pumps @ 2.5HP continuous), Bullfrog A7 (2 pumps @ 2.5HP continuous--disappointed at how weak the single pump in the A6 was since the size is more appropriate for us) and the Catalina Stealth Samoa (2 pumps @ 4HP continuous). Surprisingly, the Hot Springs jets just were not powerful enough. Budget is about 8K. Any comments on those models of Jacuzzi vs Bullfrog vs Catalina? (Thanks for everyone's help. Wasn't able to reply to last thread so had to start a new one.)

(Thanks for everyone's help. Wasn't able to reply to last thread so had to start a new one.)

a little off-topic, but it was suggested to try an add blocker. I was having the same issue, driving me nuts. Installed "Adblock Plus" and the problem vanished.

Good luck on your spa search :)

I am a Catalina Spas dealer so A) I am biased and B) I am not going to "sell" you on Catalina vs Jacuzzi/Bullfrog. Others are welcome to chime in and push the benefits of their products. Instead, I prefer to discuss what it takes to make the best EDUCATED decision. As many have noted on various threads_ myself included_ a major factor should be the dealer. In most markets, Jacuzzi and Catalina and Hot Springs (I am limiting the list to those you have considered)are typically presented as your higher-end spas. Bullfrog tends to be listed as just below them (Though I am sure a Bullfrog dealer would disagree). More importantly- The dealer you are purchasing from should be a major factor in your decision. Try to work with someone who has carried their respective brand for at *least* five years and have a great reputation via the BBB, user-generated review sites, etc. A great product is one thing, but it does nothing if the dealer is shady or at least not respected in the area. Most dealers push aspects of their spas based on what is a strong selling feature that their individual product features. Some push horsepower, # of jets, construction, filtration system, is the spa American-made?, etc if their product has a selling point that reinforces their presentation. Wet test your options and go for comfort. If a tub doesnt have the power youre looking for, or the jets do not feel comfortable after 10 mins or so (aka "high pressure jets"), or you dont quite fit in it comfortably, then you already have your answer. Get educated but dont overthink it. I tell my customers that I can talk to them until I am blue in the face about how great my product is, but if they are not comfortable when wet testing, its a moot point. Good luck with your decision going forward and I hope that this helps you in factoring which brand is the right tub for you.

I don't know much about Catalina but I would personally put jacuzzi above the bullfrog. If your happy with all three and they are all around the same money I would make my decision based on the dealer. One thing I will say about bullfrog as they have been coming on strong these last couple of years and have made a great number of improvements to their tubs.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your post; what a coincidence you wrote justs yesterday. We happened to wander into a Sundance showroom just because it was nearby (after we'd tried many other dealers), and it KNOCKED OUR SOCKS OFF!!! It out-did all the other major brands hands-down for jet power. We tested the Optima first because it was already filled, and we loved it (although not in our price range) so the owner suggested the Certa which we tried the very next day. She said it was even slightly stronger (same pumps/plumbing but fewer jets). We knew it was a winner the moment we got in. The back jets almost blow you out of the chair (on full power), and the lounge jets were perfect for our tired calves. It was EXACTLY what we'd been looking for! We ordered it yesterday afternoon. So glad to get your post, as it really solidifies our decision. Thanks again for all your posts and for your forum. Look forward to many years of happy tubbing. Thanks, Wild Puppy Ranch