Arctic Wet End Replacement Concerns

Tomab

Here is my situation.

I have an Arctic Tundra that is almost 5 years old and very close to having the warranty expire. Among other things I just had the motor 1 replaced with a brand new motor under the warranty. When the dealer removed the old damaged motor they did not try and remove the wet end. Instead he installed another wet end that to me it appeared was clearly not new. I asked the repair guy if the wet end he was installing was new. He said it was nearly new. I said ok but I told him I didn't wan't to have my 5 year old wet end replaced with a 10 year old one. He mentioned that when the wet end is removed from a motor a lot of times it is damaged when trying to remove it. That's why he didn't even try even though I should have insisted that he at least try.

Fast forward to starting up the tub....

The pump 1 wouldn't run do to an air lock. Never ran dry that long in my opinion. Less than 30 seconds. He opened up the nut to vent the air out.

Motor 1 did end up running but at the initial start up there were pieces of black plastic shavings that ended up coming out of the motor 1 jets. With all the repairs that were done these pieces could only have come from one place and that is the wet end that was just put in.

My concerns are if these black shavings are an obvious sign that something is seriously wrong with the wet end they just installed or is it something that is a common experience with wet ends that may be not "broken in".

I'm growing tired of dealing with my dealer with this problem and contemplating if I should just leave it be and replace the wet end on my own at a later date if needed.

Thanks in advance for any insight and thoughts on what you thing should be done.

I was planning on attaching a photo of the pieces but I don't see that I can do that. I look further to see if I can.

T