Just Want To Say Howdy

avm

I got here because I was looking into getting an ozone generator. My wife was complaining of dry , itchy scalp and is blaming the chlorine in the Hot Springs Jetsetter. We use it at least once a day and sometimes twice. We have a well and change the water fairly often, about every couple weeks. I use dichlor for sanitizing, and am not real good about testing. After reading the posts I've decided NOT to buy the ozonator. I am going to get better about testing and try to use a minimum of chlorine, maybe I'm overchlorinating.It's just my wife and me, what do you think the minimum is? I know the recommended level of free is 3-5 ppm. advice?

Hi avm,

Thanks for posting! We highly recommend testing your water for alkalinity, pH, calcium hardness, and sanitizer levels very regularly. It can be unsafe for you physically and potentially damaging to the components of the spa when water chemistry is unbalanced. Ozonators are a great way to help ensure clean, clear water.

Feel free to call our customer service team for additional help. 800-999-4688.

Thanks,

Steve

---Hot Spring Spas---

I would say that the likely cause of your wife's dry scalp is the very high usage. Ozonators can be good for those times when your not using your tub for a long stretch (3-4 days) and to allow you to use slightly less sanitizer between uses. But in your case using your tub once or twice a day you put in enough chlorine to keep it sanitized. And if you can use just the right amount to keep your water sanitized and not more an ozonater gains you nothing as far as dry scalp. Have her only use the tub twice a week for a couple three weeks see if the dry scalp goes away. Keep the chlorine level at 2-3 PPM after your soak and skip the shock while she isn't using it. Have her confirm it's the chlorine by skipping the tub except for a little and then maybe we can talk about maybe modifying your routine some MPS and bleach. Get a re-agent test kit and dial in your waters balance (PH, Alkalinity)

Treat Balance and Sanitation as 2 different things.