2010 H.springs Jetsetter Ozone ?

Fatlip

Hello, My Jetsetter is 4 years old and I am wondering about the ozone and 24/7 filtering. The bubbles are really big now, not the little small one like when new, but there is alot of them. I still smell the sweet smell when opening the cover. I use the chlorine/bleach method. I dont use the nature sticks anymore, just leave the hole empty where they go in filter. The tri/x filters are new, just cleaned one time a week ago at refill. I have released the air bubbles at all three filters, always happens after water change. Ozone is original to spa.

Any ideas on the big bubbles and if its a bad thing.

Also the massage is very slow now and I usually have to start by moving flapper with fingers to start and it usually will stop, does same thing with 24/7 filter out. Do I need to check this with all filter out? Like I said they are new filters.

Any info would be great,

Thanks,

Rick

I suspect the ozone check valve may have broken. The ozone injector may just be sucking in air from the broken valve, and not ozone. The ozone generator offers a significant restriction, so the bubbles are small. Either the check valve has broken, or possibly the air hose has fallen off the ozone generator. You should visually inspect the ozone line all the way from the injector to the ozone generator.

If it's a broken check valve, it will begin leaking water as soon as you turn the power off.

Well I took off the door to see inside(I do this once a year). The freshwater 111 looks to have a hose broke off of it. At the bottom on fresswater 111 unit, it has two nipples coming off of it. The one on right has nothing hooked to it, the nipple on left, looks like the hose(yellow hose) was broke off. The end of tube looks like it has wading in it and so does the nipple. There is no water leaking or hiss sound of air. Could this be the problem? On back side of freshwater 111 unit, is a yellow hose that is hooked up. Could this be the problem on the moto massage being slow er and not moving most of the time. I have never touched anything in the compartment, just look each year to make sure everything is dry and no pests, which it is dry and very clean. Its still under warranty, just 4 years old. The fresh water 111 and ozone deal isent a big deal, as I use the chlorine/bleach method. Most of the ozone bubbles are small, just maybe 1/3 are bigger. I would like the moto massage to work right, it use to work fast or slow and know its just super slow or stopped, water flow is way slower than it used to be. The diverer valve is open for full power to the moto seat.

Thanks,

Rick

What im asking here is does it even need fixing FW111, I use the chlorine/bleach method? That away when they come to fix motto massage, I know weather to fix the freshwater 111, ozone system. Ive always heard the ozone system eats up the chlorine I put in, faster. I haven't used the stick in filter in last two fill-ups, just seemed like a waste with chlorine/bleach method. My filters are clean, just did a refill 2 weeks ago and im the only person in spa, 4 times week, 10 min and take a shower first.

What im asking here is does it even need fixing FW111, I use the chlorine/bleach method? That away when they come to fix motto massage, I know weather to fix the freshwater 111, ozone system. Ive always heard the ozone system eats up the chlorine I put in, faster. I haven't used the stick in filter in last two fill-ups, just seemed like a waste with chlorine/bleach method. My filters are clean, just did a refill 2 weeks ago and im the only person in spa, 4 times week, 10 min and take a shower first.

Need fixing? Not if everything is fine otherwise but if they say its a simple fix go for it, ozone helps.

Have you noticed any difference in your water quality since the large bubbles 1st appeared? I'm guessing no.

Ozone is an option, certainly not necessary. If you want to fix it, go ahead. If not, don't. It's what I call a management decision.

The motto jet, on the other hand, is wonderful. I'd call for service if it's not working, it's still covered under the spa warranty as well.

Water quality, no. I seems like the bleach lasts longer now with the larger bubbles(but im always clean when getting in spa). I will get it looked at, hope the dealer is cool, as this is the first repair call.

Will post back when all is done.

Thanks all for the info.

Rick

from what I know, ozone causes you to burn through your sanitizer faster because it oxidizes it by itself. Lack of Ozone would mean exactally what you are seeing, you sanitizer would last longer... or something like that. Chem Geek has gone over it a few times about how Ozone interacts with Chlorine and Bromine (Bromide). check out the Hot Tub water chemestry section for more information.