Aquapure Loose Voltage Pin And Error Code 120

I have an Aquapre 1400 model purchased in 2008. On startup this year I noticed that one of the three voltage supply pins on the exterior of the cell is loose - as you can move it back and forth - which of course is not good The cell is acid cleaned about twice per season and was looking brand new before I started up in the spring.

Thinking maybe it's still making electrical contact with the cell even though it's loose, I've tried a few times to turn the cell on, and it works for a few hours but then gives off a 120 error code, which I believe is a voltage issue - no big surprise.

The question I guess is this considered a fatal cell problem, and I have no other choice but to replace the cell, or is it possible to macgyver the thing and take it apart and either weld or glue it. The new cells are about $600 so given I already replaced the sensor two years ago, I'm wary of investing more money into this system. My local shop stopped selling them in favour of the Pentair, and gave up on them because of all the sensor and cell failures.

In the meantime, I'm just using chlorine.

If it is one of the outside pins, you may be able to get it to work half (every three hours) of the time. If it is the center pin, it's done unless you want to mess with it

Keep in mind that these things work with high amperage loads (5-10), and if you don't get a good connection( high resistance), you could melt the surrounding plastic and possibly cause fire, or worse a leak.

thanks for the reply. it's one of the outside pins. i'm not sure if the cell is still working when it gives me the 120 code, since it doesn't go into the cell reversing mode, just flashes the 120 with the yellow error code. as soon as i turn the cell to 00% the error light and code kick off.

i've done the math and figure it's been on about 6,000 hours since installation, and ran the cell for only 8 hours a day at about 30%-40% and maintained salt at 3.3-3.4 so was hoping to get two more seasons out of it since i've read they should be good for 10,000 hours.

you're right on the amperage draw. mine is wired at 115V and input is 2.5amps, output is is 22-30VDC 6amp maximum according to the manual.

i know the real solution here is to replace the cell but at $600, like with most pool equipment, the question arises is will it work for a little longer....