2003 Dimension One Nautilus Power Problem

I am the proud owner of a 2003 Nautilus. Hadn't given me a second of trouble until a few weeks back. I went out to check on it as I hadn't been using it as regularly, and found the power to be off of the unit. I went directly to my breaker box and the breaker had tripped. I tried to reset the breaker, but it wouldn't hold.

My neighbour is an electrician and offered his services. This is what he told me he found, in his own words...I was reading continuity between the black and white(hot and neutral) on the board. I took wires off to make sure I wasn't reading between wires, and it was definitely between terminals on board in the tub. Not sure if the motor is shot, and it's reading between the motor or what? Don't have a lot of experience with spas, but I can't see why it's ever a good thing to read between hot and neutral. No visible burn marks, or odour on board.

Would any of you fine folks have any idea what might be wrong with my hot tub?

Thanks in advance for you help!

Your electrician may be great at running wire... but not so helpful as a troubleshooter. Of course there's continuity between hot and neutral on the PCB, there's more than likely a relay coil and/oror transformer and some resistance. It means nothing.

Try removing components one at a time and energizing the spa. Heaters, ozone generators, pumps, anything could be the cause of your tripping breaker, including a bad breaker.

I agree with PS. Your electrician should stick to simply running conductors and nothing else. My preferred troubleshooting method is to disconnect the loads that PS already mentioned, but check each from ground to line with a megger and without power.

John