Disconnect Jandy Aquapure 1400

mlobitz

I've kinda had it with my Jandy Aquapure 1400 and purelink power system. I had to replace the front board last year at significant cost and now I'm getting a 170 error on the screen which basically locks up the whole system. I called the pool company and they told me to wait until the pool temperature goes above 52 degrees. Something to do with the Aquapure sensors, which I also just recently, maybe a year or so, had replaced. Is there anyway I can disconnect the Aquapure, the pool company told me to unplug the power to the cell, but that doesn't do anything, so that the power center doesn't recognize the cell at all? I just want to use the power center to operate the filter, waterfall and lcd lights. I already took the solar off of the power center because that system is just as faulty as the rest. Truly, I'm just about to go all analog, but I don't know how I would operate the lcd light. As far as chlorine goes, I have switched to all bleach and mps in my spa, so I'm confident I can use chlorine pucks and liquid chlorine to sanitize the pool.

Any help here would be great. Any helpful experiences on the Jandy system in general. Anyone know how to cut off the Aquapure from the system...

Thanks.

are you familiar with wiring and such? Those things are buried behind the automation(in the box). You will have to disconnect the transformer to turn off the Aqua-pure. One thing you can try first if it is the beeping that is bothering you, is that, you can turn the production down to zero. That may, or may not stop the beeping. You can also disable the audible alarm(s) by removing the jumper, J10 from the larger of the two boards in the Aqua-Pure section of the box. NOT the large board of the automation. Its the board that you push buttons on to control the Aqua-Pure.

Thankfully the system is not beeping and I haven't had the cell working for months so it's set at zero. Maybe that's why I'm not hearing a beep. The filter will come on at the proper times, but I don't have any real-time control of the system. Pool company is coming out today and I'll know more. I bought a new front board last year, so I still have some warranty time.