Help! Need A Decision Asap! Pebble Sheen Desert Gold W/ Color Led Pool Lights?

Lips Malloy

I wanted the Intellibrite Color LED lights for both pool and spa, which my builder knew, but he bought the white LED version instead, and when I told him I wanted color, he said it would not work well with the Desert Gold Pebble Sheen I want. Does anyone here have Pebble Sheen Desert Gold (looks like sand) with a COLOR led pool and/or spa light? Does it look ok? I am more interested in the blues and greens and purples. The pool is 10'W x 31'L, with the spa 10'W x 7'L. The two circles (one around the light fixture) are for installing a marble mosaic of sun rays around the pool light and a moon with stars on the spa wall. The spa light is under the bench on the left in photo.

pooltilein.jpg

That's a very stupid argument from him, considering "white" is one of the colors on the intellibrite 5g color light, so you can change the colors to compliment at your leisure. Sounds more to me like he forgot you wanted to have color lights installed and is trying to down sell you to the standard light. It's likely that he installed the wrong ones without realizing it and is trying to avoid the additional labor of reinstalling the proper lights (not to mention that the ones he has already installed have had their cord cut and are potentially not usable on other jobs he may have). If you wanted to pay more for color, then that's your choice, not his. It's your check book.

Speaking of payments, I would also make sure he is only billing you for white LEDs. Check your contract and make sure he doesn't try to stick you with a colored light price point for white LEDs. If your contract calls for color lights, then you should definately force the issue, or make sure you are properly reimbursed if you decide to stick with the plain white LEDs.

Thanks for your quick response. In a further conversation with him, he said another client has the desert gold Pebble Sheen and color LEDs and they don't look so good. They only use the white after all, because the colors look muddy. The sand color tends to make the water more green as well. He hasn't installed the lights yet, but I am leaning towards taking his advice because he is very wise and practical. He has been building pools since 1965!

I'm thinking with the brown tile wall between pool and spa in addition to the sand colored Pebble Sheen that perhaps I shouldn't go with color LEDs after all. Even though I love the idea.

I got my moon mosaic in today! :wub: When you sit in the spa you see both moon and sun (once the sun rays are installed on the far wall).

moonstarsonspawall.jpg

If you wanted, and had him order the color, i would say OK, put the white in, BUT if i dont like it, you put in the color in at NO extra charge. Except for perhaps the difference between white and color.

Note: i would research that and make sure that if there is a difference that you have been given the proper credit for the white. I'm sure that IF there is a difference, color is more expensive than white.

Yeah, color is more expensive. I'm ok with the white. At least, I'm over wanting the color LEDs. I figured that the colors of the flagstone, tile, marble mosaics and the pebble sheen are all very natural earth tones and the color LEDs are not, so why ruin the look? Here the sun mosaic is installed, and when you sit in the spa you see the sun, moon and stars:

moonsunmosaicinstalled.jpg

The wall with the moon above hasn't been grouted yet. When it is grouted, the tile and the mosaic will pop. Below the other side of the wall and the top of the wall have been grouted:

dividerwallgrouted.jpg