Maax Spas Reviews

PittAlum

Any opinions on Maax Spas? We are considering a Maax 481 hot tub. we have looked at Hot springs Grandee and Dynasty Atlantis. Hot Springs is much more expensive and doesn't seem any better constructed or efficient than Maax. Is there a legitimate difference in quality to justify a $3000.00 difference in price?

Maxx and Dynasty are not in the same league as Hot Springs. There are several brands that are as good or better IMO than Hot Springs but neither Maxx or Dynasty are them. Now if you want a middle of the road tub I would pick Dynasty over Maxx and there are several brands that compare with those two.

If you haven't noticed everyone has an option on which brand is best. I would suggest that you take theses simple steps 1. Check out the dealer, is he a member of the BBB in good standing, if not why? 2. Check out the manufacture, same thing. 3. Ask friends or family who have a hot tub, they will at the very least tell you what and where not to buy. 4. DO NOT BUY FROM A SPA EXPO OR TRADE SHOW! I guarrenty you will pay at least 20% more then you should. 5. If you hear we are the only one that do this or have that component or technology, ask why, if it's a good idea or makes manufacturing sense everyone else soon starts doing it. And last 5. realize that every dealer and hot tub manufacture will claim they make the best and most energy efficient spa on the market. By following the above you should get a good spa at a fair price.

Ps if you start feeling like the store or sales staff is pressuring you leave the store. Good products and service sells its self.

• 6 months later...

We bought a Maax last year and love it! They’re known for their “zone therapy”. Basically they’ve focused their hot tubs on jets and jet placement to target all areas of the body that can be the sites of muscle tension. I can’t believe the difference from my old Jacuzzi. There are jets everywhere- even at your feet.

They also are promoting a new Urban Series. Same inner workings, but you can get custom panels made to match your backyard colors and you can add rocks and greenery (or anything) in the sill.

Contrary to the post above, Maax Spas did not file for bankruptcy. Maax Spas is actually owned by Brookfield Asset Management, the largest and most liquid company involved in the manufacture of spas and bath tubs.

We would be pleased to speak to our financial solvency to anyone with questions. Please contact us through the phone number or email form at www.maaxspas.com.

Contrary to the post above, Maax Spas did not file for bankruptcy. Maax Spas is actually owned by Brookfield Asset Management, the largest and most liquid company involved in the manufacture of spas and bath tubs.

We would be pleased to speak to our financial solvency to anyone with questions. Please contact us through the phone number or email form at www.maaxspas.com.

Previous to you owning Maax, were you not the company Maax was most indebted to?

As part of the deal you assumed ownership of Maax and everyone else got nothing, right?

• 6 months later...

Coming from a service stand point Hot Springs are near impossible to fix. For the guys who say only seals and orings leak I am happy to show pictures and invoices of standing up 5-15 year old hot springs and gutting them ($2-3000) and you cant insulate them as well as when they were new. I didn't like Maax when they were Coleman because the insulation wasn't very good...but that new bluejean stuff is cool and you are seeing it more and more in construction. I do hot tub service and sell used spas, so I see every brand. I would say Hot Springs and Maax arnt very far apart and I don't like Dynasty because they use the gecko electronics...Balboa controls are far superior. Jetting wise the Hot Springs has motomassage, Dynasty has the huge foot jets and Maax has the neck and shoulder also the lounger with the foot jets that are sweet...maybe wet test.

5. If you hear we are the only one that do this or have that component or technology, ask why, if it's a good idea or makes manufacturing sense everyone else soon starts doing it.

This is not always true. If a design is patented, other companies cannot use it. For example, Bullfrog's jetpaks are an ingenious design that cannot be used by anyone else due to multiple patents.

Trust me if another manufacturer thought that the jet pack idea was worth what Bullfrog hypes it, there are ways to make interchangeable jets on a hot tub that could be very very close to the same. But the concept is nothing but sales.

Here's our new "Changeable Hydrotherapy Panel." Just slip out the existing panel and slide in a new panel with a completely different jetting package.

The reason to the jet packs is reducing plumbing and giving you more options for seating. But the original design was done to eliminate plumbing...yes it's a great innovation and kudos to them!

You cannot swap size of jets, only same sized inserts and many times changing them often will cause jet clip to break or you can cross thread the thread in kinds like master, Catalina and a few other companies use.

I'll toss my opinion in. I owned a Coleman 480 (which is now sold by Maxx as the 480 or the 481 you're looking at) I never had any issues with the tub and didn't find it particularly expensive to keep warm. Mine had ozone but no stereo or other features. From 2004 to 2012 we replaced the heater and had to tighten the connections to the pumps each year if we drained it over the summer. One feature we really really liked is the comfort collar neck cushions- can't get them on other tubs.

I was re-habbing a sundance after getting rid of the 480 but we are now just looking at buying new and the 480 is on our short list.

Thanks, several on this forum look down on them and maybe I just haven't experienced a good tub, but even with the Coleman we had it was bullet proof- We moved it twice with no issue to the tub, had great experience (the original we had is still running at my Dad's house). Really didn't cost much to heat even up here in the arctic land of SD. I sat in others, lots of others, and around the $10k all in mark nothing else was comfortable to myself (6 foot 2 230) and my wife (5 foot 3). We both love the comfort collars- why no one else has done those floors me: I hate having to strain my neck to just to rest my head on a headrest. We also went 480 because she didn't love the lounger in a wet test, and I didn't fit in any we tried and we like having the ability to stick a few people in with us. Tried to make a deal on the 470 to save a couple bucks but the difference ended up being $500- worth the upgrade to me.

I got the same color interior as our 2004 tub, but the darker exterior, as it will match the feel better. I have 4 weeks to finish my deck now I guess! I will post pictures when it arrives.

• 5 years later...
On 8/3/2012 at 11:55 AM, PittAlum said:

Any opinions on Maax Spas? We are considering a Maax 481 hot tub. we have looked at Hot springs Grandee and Dynasty Atlantis. Hot Springs is much more expensive and doesn't seem any better constructed or efficient than Maax. Is there a legitimate difference in quality to justify a $3000.00 difference in price?

horrible warranty!!!!don't buy. got an 811 2 years ago nothing but a runaround they say 1 thing then don't do anything very disappointed

On 8/3/2012 at 11:55 AM, PittAlum said:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. Does anyone have any updated information to add to this question? I’m

On 9/17/2013 at 11:03 PM, iced98lx said:

Thanks, several on this forum look down on them and maybe I just haven't experienced a good tub, but even with the Coleman we had it was bullet proof- We moved it twice with no issue to the tub, had great experience (the original we had is still running at my Dad's house). Really didn't cost much to heat even up here in the arctic land of SD. I sat in others, lots of others, and around the $10k all in mark nothing else was comfortable to myself (6 foot 2 230) and my wife (5 foot 3). We both love the comfort collars- why no one else has done those floors me: I hate having to strain my neck to just to rest my head on a headrest. We also went 480 because she didn't love the lounger in a wet test, and I didn't fit in any we tried and we like having the ability to stick a few people in with us. Tried to make a deal on the 470 to save a couple bucks but the difference ended up being $500- worth the upgrade to me.

I got the same color interior as our 2004 tub, but the darker exterior, as it will match the feel better. I have 4 weeks to finish my deck now I guess! I will post pictures when it arrives.

Hi. Do you have any updated information on your Maxx 480. I’m in the market to buy one and I’ve been to many dealers and have heard so many things regarding the different brands that my head is spinning. I, like you, LOVE the comfort collars and the look and feel of this tub but so many people on different threads don’t seem to have very nice things to say about Maxx and try to sway you toward buying a hot springs or Jacuzzi brand tub. For the price, this seems to fit all my needs. I’m currently looking at a 2018 480 with Bluetooth speakers, WiFi control panel, 3 pump, floor model which I talked the salesman down to $8000 out the door with a cover with the spring lift and the steps. Is that a good deal and would you still recommend the Maxx 480? I appreciate you or anyone taking the time to respond.

Thanks! 

• 2 weeks later...

We are a Maax Soas dealer here in Calgary. We would love to introduce you to all the amazing benefits of owning a Maax Spa over any other brand. We have been in Service for over 30 years working on all makes and models and have field tested their products in the harshest winter climate. Our experience with the World’s First Appliance Grade Steel Frame Spas has changed every relationship with our clients. We work hard every day to communicate the benefits we know this brand offers and how they can make a huge difference in the ownership of a spa. We hope anyone reading this will look deeper into Maax Spas and discover first hand how this brand has transformed hot tub design.

• 3 months later...

I don't know much about Max Spas. But I would like to learn about it. If this one is good enough I will give a try for it. According to my experience, there are lots of sources available where you'll get Max Spas. But you must see the good reviews and reputation. I normally use this source https://www.kitchenrestock.com/ in order to buy things for my home. :)

On 5/27/2019 at 8:20 PM, RnR Hot Tubs And Spas said:

We are a Maax Soas dealer here in Calgary. We would love to introduce you to all the amazing benefits of owning a Maax Spa over any other brand. We have been in Service for over 30 years working on all makes and models and have field tested their products in the harshest winter climate. Our experience with the World’s First Appliance Grade Steel Frame Spas has changed every relationship with our clients. We work hard every day to communicate the benefits we know this brand offers and how they can make a huge difference in the ownership of a spa. We hope anyone reading this will look deeper into Maax Spas and discover first hand how this brand has transformed hot tub design.

On 5/19/2019 at 6:37 PM, Meltorm said:

Hi. Does anyone have any updated information to add to this question? I’m

Hi. Do you have any updated information on your Maxx 480. I’m in the market to buy one and I’ve been to many dealers and have heard so many things regarding the different brands that my head is spinning. I, like you, LOVE the comfort collars and the look and feel of this tub but so many people on different threads don’t seem to have very nice things to say about Maxx and try to sway you toward buying a hot springs or Jacuzzi brand tub. For the price, this seems to fit all my needs. I’m currently looking at a 2018 480 with Bluetooth speakers, WiFi control panel, 3 pump, floor model which I talked the salesman down to $8000 out the door with a cover with the spring lift and the steps. Is that a good deal and would you still recommend the Maxx 480? I appreciate you or anyone taking the time to respond.

Thanks! 

i got a new maxx 811 stereo hasnt worked from day one.maxx sent over a guy replaced parts,still nothing, then maxx  says we dont know.and left me like that!!

phoned, emailed many times bin 2 years they wont do anything about it.still fighting for something?very disappointed .bought a separate stereo for now.