Part Identification - Leisure Bay Santo

We recently purchased a hot tub, and have discovered a small leak coming from some part that is in the area where the filter sits. Upon investigating, the small leak is now a bigger leak as the barb where the flexible hose connects broke off!

I've looked all over and can't seam to identify or locate a replacement part. I'm not 100% sure what it's for, so i figured pictures would be best.

Basically, the flexible hose connects just past the gate value on the pumpt outlet. From there, it routes through the tub wall with this part, then takes 90 degree turn and pushes water out. Seams like it's designed to keep water circulating or flowing to the filter.

Any idea where I can find this part? Or can I cap it off?

Part highlighted; inside filter well.

filtersidefilterwell.th.jpg

Backside of part

filtersideinsidetub.th.jpg

Connection into rest of plumbing.

pumpside.th.jpg

The purpose of that tube and it's associated fittings is to allow the jet pump to self-bleed, or "prime" when filling an empty tub.

You could get any fitting which will go through the shell and which will hold that size of tubing.

It doesn't have to move a lot of water, in fact the less water this system moves, the more pressure you will have for your jet system.

Some tubs run this to a fitting which can be opened by hand to bleed the pump manually, and then closed once the pump is up and running. Your pictures are excellent, but I still can't quite make out which one you have. Is it like this:

$(KGrHqZHJDYE-87eZ,SGBP04tBU0!!~~60_57.JPG

If so then you can get it from Leisure Bay or from Waterway Plastics. I found one on ebay - Item number 370621415142

HTH

B)

If so then you can get it from Leisure Bay or from Waterway Plastics. I found one on ebay - Item number 370621415142

That's it! Thanks for the help and for pointing me to a replacement... I tried searching but it makes it harder when your not sure what it's for or it's name (air relief valve if anyone else is wondering). The one I have cannot be opened or closed; it simply just sits there and does it's job. During normal operation, it has water coming out with no way to stop it / close it.

Right size, different color but I like the gray better. What I never understand is why the small parts always have a high cost <g>.

I know what you mean - and if you want it fast, the shipping can cost a fortune as well.

B)

What I never understand is why the small parts always have a high cost <g>.

Someone calls me and says they need a new gas heater. 5 minutes later they hang up, spending $1000.

Guy calls me and says he needs a thing-a-ma-jig for some unidentifiable spa. Four hours later we determine what the part actually is. My cost is $2. What should I charge for it?

Someone calls me and says they need a new gas heater. 5 minutes later they hang up, spending $1000.

Guy calls me and says he needs a thing-a-ma-jig for some unidentifiable spa. Four hours later we determine what the part actually is. My cost is $2. What should I charge for it?

On Pawn Stars they always try to double their money so I guess you should charge $4 and then tell Chumlee he has to figure it out in less than 4 hours next time.

That's it! Thanks for the help and for pointing me to a replacement... I tried searching but it makes it harder when your not sure what it's for or it's name (air relief valve if anyone else is wondering). The one I have cannot be opened or closed; it simply just sits there and does it's job. During normal operation, it has water coming out with no way to stop it / close it.

Right size, different color but I like the gray better. What I never understand is why the small parts always have a high cost <g>.

Gray is the original color- yours has been oxidized beyond recognition.

BTW - in that first picture, you can see right into the core of your filter. There is a Nature2 cartridge there.

There should be a basket sitting on top of the filter, with a nipple on the bottom which closes off the filter. Otherwise, water simply goes down the tube into the pump, with no filtration. Small items can also make their way to the pump. You may have it set aside, but if it's missing you need to get a new one.

B)

BTW - in that first picture, you can see right into the core of your filter. There is a Nature2 cartridge there.

There should be a basket sitting on top of the filter, with a nipple on the bottom which closes off the filter. Otherwise, water simply goes down the tube into the pump, with no filtration. Small items can also make their way to the pump. You may have it set aside, but if it's missing you need to get a new one.

B)

I was wondering about that ... I didn't see any reference to a basket or other type of cover that I would have also thought would be there to force the water to be filtered that was going to the pump.

I'm most likely missing it since that is everything that came with it (minus the overall cover for the area, removed for picture). Guess I need to start looking for that as well.

I suspect you are looking for one like this:

17-110-1065_LG.JPG

It has a plate on the bottom, as shown, but under that is a nipple which fits into the top of the filter to hold it all in place.

Horizon # 17-110-1065

Manf. Pentair Pool Products

Manf # R172661DG

HTH

B)