Well Points Vs French Drain

Hello everybody,

My family and I is about to purchase a inground swimming pool and a contractor we've chosen says that he prefers to install a well points around the pool where I would supply a submersible pump so that during a spring thaw and rainy fall we could evacuate any excess water. He also said that connecting the pool to my house french drain might eventually cause a problem if the drain clogs.

Also, he is pushing for a resin pool instead of steel pool (warranty on panels is higher). Btw company is Trevi. They produce their own pools.

Also I wanted to know, if it would be ok to make a walkway aound one side of pool 2ft instead of 3ft. Would it be stable enough?

Btw. we live in Quebec,Canada...lots of snow in winter and lots of rain in fall.

Thanks,

Anxiously happy family

If you are in an area where the water table regularly rises, the well points or a dry well are the way to go. I would also go with the resin panels.

A two foot walk way around the pool is a bit narrow. Two people can't easily pass.

Scott