Error Condition - 2002 Jacuzzi J-320

I have admittedly been neglecting the water in the hot tub a little bit recently, as it's due to be changed and we haven't used it much this spring. I went to check on it and the display read "---" which according to the manual is the "error condition" used when something is wrong and the tub shuts down to prevent damage.

So to try and figure out what was going on, I went ahead and cycled the circuit breaker to reset the tub. The water is room temperature, but reported 112 and an overheat condition-- I'm guessing the prolonged "overheat" is what triggers the error condition, because eventually it switched back to that. Obviously the tub is not overheated since the water isn't even warm.

The logical conclusion here is that the temperature sensor has failed. I just wanted to ask what else I should be looking at and is there anything I need to do _before_ I empty the tub, since I know I need to empty it to switch out the temp sensor.

Thanks in advance!

emptying the tub isnt necessary. get the new sensor, drop it in the water, and wire it temporarily to see if it clears, this way you have gone through alot of trouble to replace something that wasnt defective. If it does clear, un pin the wires, or cut them, unscrew the sensor and install a new one, you may lose a pint of water unless you

do the process very slowly. OH codes on this system can be a weak or inop circulation pump, faulty temp sensor (most likely), or the capacitors on the board, all of which are basic repairs.