Liquid Chlorine Shelf Life

I hope this isn't a stupid question, but ...

If 12.5% bleach only lasts a month or so and 5% last 12months +

why not dilute for storage purposes?

I ask as I can buy liquid chlorine , but cannot find real bleach in the UK only perfumed thickened

12.5% lasts for about 2 months. 6% about 6 months or so. 5.25% about the same if stored under reasonable conditions (out of direct sun and heat, etc.). When I say "lasts" I mean before it loses appreciable strength. No reason you could not dilute except that you would need to have very pure water since there are many impurities in water that can cause bleach to degrade quickly! It might be more cost effective to just buy small enough quantities of bleach to last about 3 months at a time since it should be serviceable during that length of time. You might find that you need a bit more to achieve the same FC reading toward the end of that time frame, or not, depending on how you store it and it's initial strength (pool chlorine is often sold at a higher than listed strength to insure that it remains at least as high as listed for as long as possible, at least here in the US.)