Catalina Or Bullfrog?

I've found two reputable spa places that sell the above spas. I can't decide between them. Need as much info from people who either have them or know much about them. Also, lounger or no lounger?

did you wet test them? Which one did you prefer?

From a warranty stand point Catalina is pro rated which means you will have to [pay] for service or parts more & more throughout the warranty where most others you would not have to.

Both products are IMO in the average category for tubs they should only be in the medium price range and never in the high end of price. I say this for I have seen dealer pricing for both and they are among the cheapest tubs for a dealer to buy in the industry. If you know happy customers of both and you find that one suits you the best then all the best to you in your enjoyment of owning a spa.

From a warranty stand point Catalina is pro rated which means you will have to for service or parts more & more throughout the warranty where most others you would not have to.

Both products are IMO in the average category for tubs they should only be in the medium price range and never in the high end of price. I say this for I have seen dealer pricing for both and they are among the cheapest tubs for a dealer to buy in the industry. If you know happy customers of both and you find that one suits you the best then all the best to you in your enjoyment of owning a spa.

I believe the wholesale price is dependent upon the amount of profits the spa factory makes, and usually has nothing to do with the quality of the product.

For instance if the factory has a lot of wasted human resources and is not well run, then a piece of junk will have a high wholesale.

If the factory is out in the "low rent" district and is not subject to high taxes or high wages, they can often make a better product and wholesale it for less.

The customer service available has part to do with the wholesale price as well, but not always. For a long time one of the highest price spas had the worst warranty record and had the most dealers quitting because of it.

There is no "rule of thumb" in the spa industry, you have to evaluate the whole product in relation to the costs.

From a warranty stand point Catalina is pro rated which means you will have to for service or parts more & more throughout the warranty where most others you would not have to.

Well put. They're not amng they very best IMO but they're not the most expensive either. I do think they are noticably different from each other so I imagine that one of them will probably stand out to you if you wet test each.

Well put. They're not amng they very best IMO but they're not the most expensive either. I do think they are noticably different from each other so I imagine that one of them will probably stand out to you if you wet test each.

Thanks for the input. I just came back from testing the Bullfrog and found the lounger to be most comfortable but when I sat on the cooling seat (where your feet stay on this particular lounger) I came to realize that its more important to have a cooling seat than a lounger. The problem that I did find is that there were a few seats that I couldn't get comfortable in as I started floating from side to side and when I leaned back my feet would float up. I weigh about 110 lbs. but I didn't think that it would cause such floating problems. It's too bad because I really did like the looks and the different jets that this spa provides.

I hope to have better luck with the Catalina. Who knows!

Thanks for the input. I just came back from testing the Bullfrog and found the lounger to be most comfortable but when I sat on the cooling seat (where your feet stay on this particular lounger) I came to realize that its more important to have a cooling seat than a lounger. The problem that I did find is that there were a few seats that I couldn't get comfortable in as I started floating from side to side and when I leaned back my feet would float up. I weigh about 110 lbs. but I didn't think that it would cause such floating problems. It's too bad because I really did like the looks and the different jets that this spa provides.

I hope to have better luck with the Catalina. Who knows!

• 5 months later...