Looking For A Replacement Cover Core - Tiger River Bengal

lparsons

Does anyone know a good source for replacement cover cores (other than OEM / dealer)? I poked around on google and it seems most people want to make a whole new cover for me, which I would rather not pay for right now.

We have a ~2006 Tiger River Bengal. One of our cover cores are extremely water logged - I'd estimate the core weighs over 100 pounds due to the water right now. The other one wasn't bad at all. I'd like to just replace the one core and get on with hot tubbing again; maybe replace the full cover in the summer. I also checked craigslist and ebay but didn't find anything useful in terms of replacement covers.

I also notice the places that make covers all seem to want to make tapered covers now; ours is not tapered. Obviously a tapered core wouldn't fit our non-tapered cover.

Every cover manufacturer has cores cut to their own specifications. The only way you're going to get a properly fitting replacement core, of the same exact size, is to go back to the original manufacture of the cover. In your case, Hot Spring Spas, and the dealer.

Now, we could make one for you, if you provide all the measurements. It would take some time to set up the machinery to custom cut the foam for you. With all the set up time, and the shipping, it'll certainly cost you as much, if not more, than an entire cover.

Does anyone know a good source for replacement cover cores (other than OEM / dealer)? I poked around on google and it seems most people want to make a whole new cover for me, which I would rather not pay for right now.

We have a ~2006 Tiger River Bengal. One of our cover cores are extremely water logged - I'd estimate the core weighs over 100 pounds due to the water right now. The other one wasn't bad at all. I'd like to just replace the one core and get on with hot tubbing again; maybe replace the full cover in the summer. I also checked craigslist and ebay but didn't find anything useful in terms of replacement covers.

I also notice the places that make covers all seem to want to make tapered covers now; ours is not tapered. Obviously a tapered core wouldn't fit our non-tapered cover.

Is it the original cover? If so I doubt that you would get a new core into the vinyl, which shrinks up and gets brittle over time. Also, if it is original then the Watkins covers are tapered from about 3.5 to 2.5 inches.

Is it the original cover? If so I doubt that you would get a new core into the vinyl, which shrinks up and gets brittle over time. Also, if it is original then the Watkins covers are tapered from about 3.5 to 2.5 inches.

Unless the cover is less than 2 yaers old I'd get a new cover rather than try to replace a core. I know it costs more now but it'll cost less in the long term.

I admit I did not measure the cores closely prior to now; they seemed to be non-tapered until I saw you mention it and finally went outside with the tape measure. I think your estimate is right; the shorter end is ~1 inch shorter than the tall end; I just didn't notice it because of the distance between the ends.

That said, it is the original cover. I pulled the cores out - and got them back in - today. One was almost perfect, I'd say it weighed maybe 10 pounds and I was able to easily drain the water out of it. The other was absurdly water logged and weighed over 100 pounds. I was barely able to move it myself and there was no easily accessible water to drain from it.

The vinyl of the cover was in OK but not great shape, however I managed to somehow mangle it when I was putting it back on to the top of the tub. So I guess I'll be buying a whole new cover after all. Ouch. I think I'll go after-market rather than through our dealer since I only feel kinda lukewarm (no pun intended) about them right now after they sold me a ~$35 filter yesterday for $80.