Hot Springs Ace System - Low Salt

Tubber McGee

Hello,

One month ago - I drained and refilled my tub. Since that time, the control board on my Hot Springs ACE salt system has been reading LOW SALT/CHECK CELL - my control board is showing the salt level very low - bottom of screen (not in the acceptable range). I have taken a few water samples to my dealer to ensure that the salt level is fine and I have water chemistry correct (I do have a phosphate issue, but my dealer said this should not interfer with the cell reading my salt level).

My cell has been cleaned on a regular basis and has always been clean. I am thinking my Cell may be bad, but not sure. My one year warranty on my ACE system is just about up and I want to make sure the issue is resolved prior to the one year warranty date.

Any advice is appreciated!

Thks

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

One month ago - I drained and refilled my tub. Since that time, the control board on my Hot Springs ACE salt system has been reading LOW SALT/CHECK CELL - my control board is showing the salt level very low - bottom of screen (not in the acceptable range). I have taken a few water samples to my dealer to ensure that the salt level is fine and I have water chemistry correct (I do have a phosphate issue, but my dealer said this should not interfer with the cell reading my salt level).

My cell has been cleaned on a regular basis and has always been clean. I am thinking my Cell may be bad, but not sure. My one year warranty on my ACE system is just about up and I want to make sure the issue is resolved prior to the one year warranty date.

Thks

I also have had the same problem with my 2010 Hot springs Vangaurd with the Ace system. I have had the cell replaced 3 times now. My local dealer just told me that when Hotsprings drilled the sand tube where the cell is located the hole was not drilled correct. So Hotsprings has a new riser tube and a new cell that there going to put in to correct the problem.

Tubber, I had to get my cell replaced with the newer part as well. Mine had the exact same symptom as yours. Registered low salt, and progressively got worse, until it quit registering salt altogether. I haven't had a single problem with the new cell, and it only took a few minutes for the dealer to swap it out.

Thanks for the replys - My dealer came out and indeed replace my Cell - everything is working fine!

I am hopefully that I have the new cell with the fix! My ACE system is now out of warranty and I heard a new cell costs around $500!

Does anyone know if my new cell would now have another one year warranty! Thanks

Thanks for the replys - My dealer came out and indeed replace my Cell - everything is working fine!

I am hopefully that I have the new cell with the fix! My ACE system is now out of warranty and I heard a new cell costs around $500!

Does anyone know if my new cell would now have another one year warranty! Thanks

Warranty expires after one year from original install date.

If you get a new one after 364 days, the new one carries a one day warranty.

That being said, if they have issues with a product, Hot Springs will typically extend an items warranty if there are flaws.

Hello,

Thks

I also have had the same problem with my 2010 Hot springs Vangaurd with the Ace system. I have had the cell replaced 3 times now. My local dealer just told me that when Hotsprings drilled the sand tube where the cell is located the hole was not drilled correct. So Hotsprings has a new riser tube and a new cell that there going to put in to correct the problem.

It's not where they drilled the holes in the stand-pipe, it's the depth of the cell in the stand pipe. The new stand-pipe has the identical hole design (though I've heard several dealers claiming the holes where the issue- I think something got lost in translation between the engineering and dealer support rep's), but it has a modified bottom, that supposedly lets the cell rest at the identical height among all models, and according to the engineers, *this* is what's causing the issues. I'm taking more of a wait and see approach.

Hello,

Thks

It's not where they drilled the holes in the stand-pipe, it's the depth of the cell in the stand pipe. The new stand-pipe has the identical hole design (though I've heard several dealers claiming the holes where the issue- I think something got lost in translation between the engineering and dealer support rep's), but it has a modified bottom, that supposedly lets the cell rest at the identical height among all models, and according to the engineers, *this* is what's causing the issues. I'm taking more of a wait and see approach[/b].

Haha....wise man. I'm doing the same thing. I don't buy it yet.

I've got full faith that if HotSpring has to make a design change to prolong cell life, they will make the change and any updates under warranty, even if it's outside the 1 year period. Even though I had a cell fail on me, I can say that the technology itself works flawlessly. If you take the time to balance your water up front, you literally have to add little to no chemicals afterwards. I'm going on 6 months with my current fill, and I haven't even had to restabilize pH, and my FC is always in the acceptable range. After replacement of the cell (not sure if they changed the tube as well), I actually had to turn my usage level down to 2 with my Grandee (less than when it was new), because it was producing too much chlorine. It makes maintenance almost carefree. I check/clean filters every 30-60 days, and test water once every 2 weeks, but otherwise it's just use it and enjoy! Overall, I couldn't be happier.

I've got full faith that if HotSpring has to make a design change to prolong cell life, they will make the change and any updates under warranty, even if it's outside the 1 year period. Even though I had a cell fail on me, I can say that the technology itself works flawlessly. If you take the time to balance your water up front, you literally have to add little to no chemicals afterwards. I'm going on 6 months with my current fill, and I haven't even had to restabilize pH, and my FC is always in the acceptable range. After replacement of the cell (not sure if they changed the tube as well), I actually had to turn my usage level down to 2 with my Grandee (less than when it was new), because it was producing too much chlorine. It makes maintenance almost carefree. I check/clean filters every 30-60 days, and test water once every 2 weeks, but otherwise it's just use it and enjoy! Overall, I couldn't be happier.

Rider - I could not agree more - Besides the initial water balace this system has been a no brainer and so easy to maintain! I was given some start up chemicals and I have purchased ZERO chemicals in one year! Clean the filters - shock with enhanced shock once in a great while and always crystal clean water - I love this system!