Sundance Optima-Can't Control Pump #1 From Control

crabbydad

hi ,

i recently purchased a house with a 2000 sundance optima. i had to fix some leaks and got it up and running. it ran fine the first couple of days, then i couldn't turn on the main pump from the control or the remote on the other side. everything else worked. i turned the breaker off and back on and the motor came on and went through its normal power on cycle. i checked for broken wires on the control wire. i found one and repaired, but no change, then the pump started acting crazy. it was going on and off,high,low by itself. the day before my children were in it, possibly getting the topside control wetter than usual. any thoughts?

thanks.

After startup, and every 12 hours, the pump(s)will click to high speed automatically.

The fact that your pump does work on high speed automatically tells me the pump and the board are likely intact, and the problem is with the topside.

You should, of course, call a Sundance certified repair professional to verify this instead of just taking the word of some guy off the internet :-D

• 2 weeks later...

No dont call a repair person simply unplug the remote panel from the ribbon cable located in the circuit board where 2 ribbon cables connect female end and a male it has 2 snaps on each side to unplug it then try the top side control it should work the remotes go out all the time just do away with it and the spa has one blow out cycle at noon when your clock is set not every 12 hours it is factory program for 4 cycles a day for 30 minutes one at 6 am 12 noon 6 pm and midnight you can change them in the programing but dont let the spa run like that you will melt a relay on a 800 dollar circuit board this should fix your problem let me know if i can help any other way premierhottubs@etcmail.com