Powering Up Jetsetter

Mr. Brian

A relative gave me a 1994 Hot Spring Hot Tub Jetsetter Serial # J141248. Its in great shape but they said the motor or pump quite working a few years ago. I have plugged the GFI plug into a 20 amp outlet and I get a flashing red power light on the end of the tub. It does have a key slot and its in the verticle position and I don't have a key to fit it. Do I need a key or is the flashing red light caused by something else. I have not put any water in it yet. Please help me get this puppy running.

Thanks,

Brian

1st of all, don't plug it in while it's empty.

This spa uses a 24/hr circ pump that energizes as soon as the spa is plugged in, and the heater will energize as well. You can damage both of these if you plug the spa in while it's empty.

Now, the flashing red light means one of three things:

1) Either the door is not on, or not on properly (there's a magnetic interlock, one magnet on the door, the other on the frame)

2) The heater high limit has tripped (one of two small red reset buttons located on the side of the control box, the one closest to you)

3) The spa high limit has tripped (the other reset button, right next to the heater reset button, but further away from you)

Good luck!

The up is the unlocked position, on mine at least. It is probably the heater reset button. If it trips, let it sit for 15 or 20 minutes so it'll cool off, and try again. It resets when it wants... Make sure when you fill it that you run the hose through the out takes or it's going to take you forever to start. This would be the 3rd cartridge in the skimmer box (The one farthest from the controls) The Strainer on the bottom, and the strainer on the side. It'll take some time to get running, it's usually about four or fives trips before it will start for me. My jet pump was broken, cost me $160 to get a rebuilt one. We have the exact same tub. Nice little spa, REALLY powerful jets. If you have any questions, I will respond faster by email. hjames710(at)gmail.com

A relative gave me a 1994 Hot Spring Hot Tub Jetsetter Serial # J141248. Its in great shape but they said the motor or pump quite working a few years ago. I have plugged the GFI plug into a 20 amp outlet and I get a flashing red power light on the end of the tub. It does have a key slot and its in the verticle position and I don't have a key to fit it. Do I need a key or is the flashing red light caused by something else. I have not put any water in it yet. Please help me get this puppy running.

Thanks,

Brian

And don't make it too difficult as this spa is easy to work on. Spaservant is 100% correct in not dry firing any of the system. You have a large pump (I believe on the left side in the compartment), one small circ pump (tucked behind the heater), the heater (with two sensors)and the control board(s). I am not familiar with any "key" so someone else may be of help there unless it is the "summer mode" switch that has the circ pump running only 8 hours a day, not sure as mine is a few years newer.

If the system has been out of commission, sometimes the circ pump impellers stick and a whack with a screwdriver will start the circ pump also. Do you have a manual?