97 Hot Springs Prodigy W/ Leak

JSI

Hi! We have a 1997 Hot Springs Prodigy that has developed a mysterious leak. We called Hot Springs, they promised to fax a plumbing schematic to my local library since I don't have a fax and never did despite repeated calls. We've looked online and found nothing helpful. The leak appears to be pooling water on the back side of the tub ... i.e. opposite side that opens with the heater & other stuff inside. We called our dealer who said the only way to get the redwood off that side was to pry it off & try not to break it ... yeah right. Then we attached the inside insulation with a chisel to try and get to the plumbing ... we made a dent about 12" X 12", and found one pipe and lots of water, but no leak.

We're at a bit of a loss as to the best way to proceed. The hot tub is inside which gives us a bit more of an incentive than if it were outside. Currently we emptied the water just so it's not pooling on the floor.

Does anyone have experience with knowing where might be a likely location of a leak or how to proceed next? Or a plumbing schematic location for the tub?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

JSI

I'd look by the mini-jets 1st.

Fill the tub, heat the water. Start digging foam. When you hit warm wet foam- getting close. Cold wet foam-not so close. You'll find it in no time. The majority of leaks we've repaired have been on leaky mini-jet glue-joints behind the mini-jet cluster seat, with a few manifold leaks as well.

A plumbing schematic won't help at all. You still have to find the pipes in the foam, and dig very carefully