How To Prevent Water From Collecting Under The Pool?

ITDAD

We're getting ready to have a pool installed. Our house is up on a hill and we've had no water issues at all.

Should we consider some sort of drainage or sump line system be installed? If so, does anyone have any general idea of cost? Also, what exactly are the solutions to the problem? I don't know enough about it to have a good understanding...I've heard terms like "drainage system" and "sump line" and "a gauge to detect water" but I haven't found a clear description of the various solutions to the problem.

Any help is appreciated!

IMHO, EVERY F/G shell should have at least a sump a serviceman can draw water out from under the shell should the pool need to be emptied either fully (for significant repairs) of partially (like for dilution). Murphy's laws commands it. If it isn't there, it will be needed...

Scott

• 1 month later...

What should be done is the the hole depth is over dug and gravel added to bring it up to the correct depth. A pipe is set in the deepest section under the gravel and brought past the expected perimeter of the pool and then up to the surface. This is capped with a threaded pipe plug. The pool is set on the gravel bed after prepping with the pipe left in place. If there is ever any water trapped under the pool, it can be pumped out.

Scott

• 10 months later...

What Scott said is what the installer did on my pool. There is a vertical 8" PVC pipe that extends 3 feet below the deep end. The top of the pipe is actually on the pool deck with a skimmer cap on it. There is always water in the bottom because the water table where I live is very high.