Comparing Filter Systems: D1,hs,sundance

SHOWEM

Are you looking at a new tub and these are the three brands you are only considering?

I would have thought that maintaining the quality of your water balance through the use of the right chemicals and following a good pre-soak procedure is probably more important to the cost of filters than anything. Also as far as I'm aware all these brands mentioned store their filters in a skimmer type tray so I don't see what is going to be that different between them, apart form the brand of filter itself. :unsure:

P.S.

I've often wondered why more brands don't adopted a commerical pressurized filtration setup, is it simply down to cost or is it some other reason?

Hey Showem,

The Reflection line of spas by D1 come with Ultra Pure Water Management System, this system is very helpful reducing the amount of chemicals used for normal maintenance. Our spas also use one 75 Sqf filter for 24 hour filtration, heating and ozone injection. The second 75sqf filter is used on during the normal (user selected) filter cycle times, this feature can be configure to suite your usage. The pair of filters retail at roughly $100 + or - and you can get about 2 years out of them with regular maintenance, I would recommend having 2 sets of filters and rotating at every water change. If you would like some literature,shoot me a PM and I will be happy to provide information on all the D1 Water Management Systems.

d1dennis2009

I was told that some brands, the filters are more expensive than others. Yes I'm looking at new and yes these are 3 brands I am looking at

Tri-X filter from Hotsprings is more expensive than the others but it does last longer accordingly. I think you need to check prices online to see what they cost but I can't believe there is a difference in the filters on any of them other than the tri-x, their filters are either made by pleatco or unicel.

There are similiaraties to the 3 they all filter water throught the filter before going into the pumps and heater,, The Sundance uses a horizontal filter, suctions on each end with a skimmer door that goes up and down, they use a microclean part on one side of the filter and is needed to be replaced regulary. could add to the cost of maintenance. also they are the only company to use a horizontal filter,, i believe they also still use a suction fitting undser the filter as a bypass, D1 Dennis hit the D1 right one. The Hot Springs, generally has more filters, they use a tri-x filter which can go a lttle longer just alot more cost when it is time to purchase,, similiar to the D1 they have one filter designated for the 24/7 circ pump the others are for pumps. All work well, Both the D1 and the Ht Springs use vertical filters, IMO a vertical system will filter better, in other industrys most filter are vertical and at 45 degree, on a vertical filter as water is being pulled into the filter it created a vortex, just like your sink or toilet,, no need for anything special to fput above the filters. as the water is coming sdown i believe your filter will be used all the way on a horizontal look at one on a showroom, it will be darker on the top then taper off to the middle. All these use ozone systems, all have the 24 /7 circ, Ozone is injected differetny in the 3 , I believe the D1 is the only one that has a 3 chamber u.v system and does not off gas into the main body of water. Hop this helps you out... good luck on the hunt for a tub