Polaris 360 Running In Circles

Rocks911

I've got a Polaris 360 that is just now in it's third season of use. The thing runs in circles, small circles. Last year I replaced the swivels. I know the preferred setting for the jet adjustment is at 11 o'clock but it doesnt much seem to matter it just goes in small clockwise circles until the hose becomes one big tangle.

You would think at the price of these things they would work a little better. At the deep end of my pool on the floor I noticed some grit/dirt and after 5 hours of running the Polaris it was still there.

Any thoughts would be appreciated

If you lift it off the bottom, are all the wheels turning at the same pace? Might be something gummed up inside. I know on my 380 the little hoses pop off or split, I have to fuss with it probably 3x a year. Also I had a pebble caught inside the works once, that didn't help either.

--paulr

So I suspended it in the pool to check it's operation and the right two wheels arent moving, is that a drive belt issue and if it is where can I find a repair procedure to fix the thing?

FWIW, Polaris units need yearly service, which is why Polaris sells maintenance kits and rebuild kits. They need to be rebuilt normally every 3-5 years. Your manual should have an exploded diagram. If you don't think you can handle the job yourself take it to an Authorized Polairs repair facility. Many of them will explain how to do the repair if you buy the parts from them (a place I worked at did so). Once you learn you can order the parts online for less in many cases.

It's just a normal part of pool maintenance, BTW.

Thanks for the reply. Yep my drive belts needed replacement. Luckily I got a free set from a friends rebuilt 360. They had it rebuilt and it just never seemed to act right so they bought a new one and I asked for the old one, nice to get parts from, and to practice on. Not too big of a deal to replace the belts.