Where To Buy Coping Paint

pectin

I once saw Coping Spray Paint on the internet but forgot where to buy it now. I used regular High quality extreme high heat paint but it did not last more than 2 years and it has peeled off. I have only a regular pool not salt system. Someone told me that I have to use actual coping pool SPRAY paint and not those with a brush so it will be thin and yet nice. I used a regular paint brush. It looked ok but some said it was aweful... the some pool person. Advise? My coping is alumunium I believe and is pretty old.. I wanted to change to something else but they told me if I did it would tear off the liners and have to redo it all over again. Thanks

I was asking myself the same question last year, as I'd like to touch up a few small spots. I located a couple of spray products when searching last year but was unable to replicate the search terms to find them again. No disrespect to Scott, but the remarks I found in this forum and at TFP reminded me that many have had very poor experiences with off-the-shelf paints. Your own experience suggests that a specially formulated product is required - something that can withstand the corrosive effects of chlorine, both in the water and outgassing after shocking, etc.

Keep looking. You might try calling a major pool supply company like Leslie's or Doheny - or a local supply company. Let me know if you locate something, because I still want to touch up those spots.

Coping is powder coated and baked at the factory. Rustoleum is about as good as I have found.

Scott